PDA

View Full Version : constant worry!!!

ace10
17-10-10, 18:45
Hi all,

Well here's my story. About a year ago I was sitting at work and suddenly started to feel dizzy, chest pain, tingling arms and couldnt breath. I lay down for about 30 min and it went away. The next day it happened again so I went to the doctor thinking I was about to have a heart attack at 31 yo. He sent me for tests at hospital and all was fine. He told me I had a panic attack and I was suffering from anxiety. This made me feel better as I thought there was nothing wrong with me. But a few months later they started to come back and I started to think there was something wrong with me all the time, for example I saw an ad on a bus stop for mouth cancer awareness and i was then googleing the symptoms and convinced myself I had it. I have been thinking about ever little thing my body does and i end up checking the symptoms and convince myself there is something wrong with me. I've been back to the GP and she said they would get a counsellor to contact me but theres been no contact as yet and as its NHS I think it might take a while. I really want to get this sorted so that I can just feel happy again as I haven't done so for a long time now!!! Has anyone got any tips to help me with the negative thoughts, worry etc????

Much appreciated if you do!!!

amandy1979
17-10-10, 18:56
hi there,
i suffer from exactly the same as you do, im just starting to go to a nurse to help with overcoming this too. I just try and remind myself that just because i have read about something or worry about something does not mean that it will happen to me. Although this is harder to say than to believe, i also try and stay away from googling symptoms as this just makes things much worse for me. I hope you feel better soon.

ace10
17-10-10, 19:03
are you getting he through your GP? if so how long did you have to wait till they saw you?