PDA

View Full Version : Diary of Cipralex Cold Turkey

Donny
17-10-10, 19:27
Hi Guys,

My Name is Donny and I have started day two of stopping Cipralex suddenly.

I have been advised against it but have certain immediate needs which outweigh the risks.

I will consistently post on a daily basis to let you all know how it is going and it can be used as a guide to anyone who has thoughts of going down the same route as me.

I am the General Manager and major shareholder of a transport company and weighed up all the risks and think they are worth it.

I look forward to any discussion on the pros or cons with any member.

Donny:noangel:

bottleblond
17-10-10, 19:35
Hi Donny

Not a good move hun but i wish you well with it.

Best wishes

Lisa
x

olderfella
17-10-10, 19:45
Hi Donny i did the same thing last year :blush:what a big mistake mate,for the first 2 or 3 days i felt brilliant absolutely brilliant then by the fourth day i thought the world was going to end, good look mate, but i hope you dont find out the hard way as i did

Inspires
17-10-10, 20:50
Hello Donny,

I came off Lorazepam 'cold turkey' but I was in a hospital environment at the time.

I can honestly say, that this method is indescribable, and even now, 12months down the road, I'm still suffering awful side effects.

However, I'm sure you know of the risks, so I wish you well on this course of action. And if you feel the need to chat, I'm here...

Take care,

Sue x

Donny
31-07-12, 12:55
Yes. Well, back on the Cipralex.

Wasn't advisable.

JonoClouds
31-07-12, 13:53
Donny

You were right to go back on to it.
I have gone cold turkey with several different SSRIs and atypical A/Ds over the eyars, and it has always made me very ill for quite a while.
I tried to bend (break?) the rules and not bother tailing it off.
In this case it my impatience ruled, and was simply wrong.
So now I taper off my drugs very slowly. It takes time, it's annoying, but it is the best way!

Just noticed the long gap in the dates between your posts. Did you take nothing for all that time?

All the best

Jono

Donny
31-07-12, 15:53
Jono.

I did a rapid stop over the space of a month and was absolutely fine for 7 months then i started to relapse.

Frickin nightmare of a time.

However, we live and learn. Just going to stay on them from now on.

Liviguy
31-07-12, 16:07
Sounds like you went through a right shitty time.

Donny
31-07-12, 16:19
Yes.

So its now "Keep Calm and Carry on talking the Pills"

However. Being from Ayrshire never helps my mental outlook on life. lol

Liviguy
31-07-12, 16:32
Well I am from the east, so way posher than you lot lol :winks: