PDA

View Full Version : Been to doc's about ectopics

lin
10-03-06, 10:39
Hi All

Finaly went to the doc's about the ectopic's it is down to anxiety also he told me to try decaff tea and soft drinks because caffeine stimulates the heart although i knew that any way.

He checked my blood pressure and it was fine and checked my heart and that was normal didn't do ECG, he said beta-blockers would calm it down but told him i was on them before but it slowed my heart rate down
he was ok about not putting me on them.

He told me he gets them, not because he is anxious but he doesn't notice them so much he also said he gets patients coming in with them he reasured me quite alot. He said they are not HARMFUL.

So i am going to try decaff tea (don't drink coffee) and soft drinks and see if it works if it does then no more ordinary tea for me.

Does anyone drink tea or coffee? as it may be partly down to that.

I hope i have been of some help

linda xx

Ma Larkin
10-03-06, 11:05
Hi Linda, I drink de-caf now. Caffeine does make your symptoms worse absolutely. I used to drink filter coffee, gallons of it a day at work, no wonder I went home a blubbering wreck!! I find that water really helps, I absolutely hated water, never drank it without having a slug of vimto or ribena in it, but I drink it all the time now when I get anxious & it really does help me.

Glad the doc gave you the all clear.

Les

Piglet
10-03-06, 11:38
Well done Lin - I am sure this will help you to feel reassured.

I wrote down what my doctor told me as soon as I had been so I would remember it and then I look at it again if I get scared.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hunny_as
10-03-06, 11:41
hi lin
me to i dont go anywere near caffine now or shurger as thats anothere one for me i find it dose help haveing decafe

amanda xx

Quirky
10-03-06, 12:02
Well done Lin, hope you feel reassured now.

My doctor told me that everyone gets two or more ectopic beats a day, only most are not aware of them.

Lisa

nomorepanic
10-03-06, 18:12
Lin

Great news about the results.

Hope it has reassured you now.

Nicola

april tones
11-03-06, 00:43
great news! im feeling worried about mine!
mine feels like hear flutters or bounces out of chest! maybe wehn been running or anxious. so scary" x

apriltones

mattynipper
13-03-06, 14:58
I have started drink de-caf tea and has done wonders. It tastes just the same but I have found I am happier. I also drink plenty of waterand exercise as much as possible. The only time I do get them is when Im anxious normally after a night of alcohol.

Iam hoping by giving up caffine and filling the whole day with diversion I can find peace of mind. The biggest struggle is sleeping as keep waking up in the night due to needing the toilet. Any advise!

Matty

mn

april tones
14-03-06, 22:18
hello! i am getting them alot before my period is due, about a week! it isnt nice is it! always makes me think, how do i know it isnt serious x
i drink no caffene but had a tiny bit of choc tonight and got it x

apriltones

linjane
19-03-06, 09:43
Hi Linda,
Glad you got on ok and docs and hopefully we should all take reassurance in what he told you!!

Hope you're feeling better now.
Speak to you soon,
Take care,
Linda.x

manyana
24-06-06, 15:46
hi everyone
my doc told me to stop - caffeine,chocolate,alcohol,cheese and marmite - he said these are the main culprits for making these funky beats worse - i stopped them all - but still get them!
since i am less anxious though i dont get as many - at one point i was getting around 50 to 100 a day - now its only maximum of 5 - usually less - but they have reduced my thyroxine - so it could be because of that
if anyone on here takes thyroxine then get your thyroid levels checked - if you lose a stone or more you will probably need your dosage changed ( i lost 2 1/2 stone and didnt realise - so have been on too much since)
i hate these funky beats - had them for 8 months now and they still scare me as much!! silly really i know
i luv the pooh and piglet quote - it puts things in perspective for me
take care all
lynne
x

whatisitnow
24-06-06, 16:05
Matty i found the same thing when i started drinking loads of water. I did it when i started my diet & found it was brilliant for losing weight so still drink loads now. But i do remember needing the loo looooooads more at first, it drove me nuts! Try not drinking so much at night close to bed time, but to be honest i found my body adjusted to drinking more and the frequent loo trips do tend to slow down a bit once you get into the habit of drinking more every day.
Alcohol makes my anxiety worse too, but at the moment i dont want to stop it. Its my social life, i have given up smoking, eating rubbish, exercise every day & eat chocolate about once a week so the booze once a week is staying for now! lol:D
Caz xxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

keef737
17-11-06, 23:09
My docter said give up caffine and im on decafe tea and find it good I get better sleep and these panics attacks are gradually getting weaker
and i feel much better overall,
hope this helps

Rennie1989
18-11-06, 07:12
I am dependent on coffee so yes I drink it often. Depending on how anxious/panicky I am and how many cups of coffee I drink I can feel really shakey and hyperventilate and people have offered me to have decafe instead.

AKA Scooter Girl

PaladinX
21-11-06, 03:53
Does your beats feel like a weird sensation in the chest. Like a flutter, or gas, or contraction. Like a weird feeling, not painful.. then sometimes there is a pause and then a hard heart beat? Im hooked up to a holter monitor right now.

Phill2
21-11-06, 04:54
The decaff tea has been a great help to me.
Good luck with it
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.