PDA

View Full Version : Hairdressers just told me she feels sick... Stuck here! Emotophobic..

fairyclairy
18-10-10, 14:16
Hi guys,

Im just at the hairdressers now having my highlights done... Iv been here about an hr an half an got about an hour to go.
It took a hell of a lot to come here anyway, iv been panicking so much an hate feeling trapped in the chair incase anything happens....
My hairdresser has just told me she feels sick an looks really ill.... Im terrified! What if shes got a bug an im going to get it?
I feel trapped, i cant escape with half my hair done, im so scared!
I know iv got to stay here, iv got no choice... Just need reassurance guys to get thru it..... I feel so so scared an trapped, jus wanna run!x

paula lynne
18-10-10, 14:18
By the time you get this, your probably having your hair dried and be out the door very soon...hold on in there and distract yourself..read a magazine. x

diane07
18-10-10, 14:23
Try and look at it like this.

You are not trapped, if you really wanted to get up out that chair and go home, you could, there is nothing physically stopping you!

However, change your thoughts a little, and think of it this way, most women love going to the hairdressers, its a treat, you will look lovely when your hair has been done, get a magazine if theres one there and do some reading.

Your hairdresser could just feel queazy for a few reasons, she may not have eaten enough, she may have had too much to drink over the weekend, i'm sure if she thought she had a bug the last place she would want to be in is work!!

I know how you feel about being at the hairdressers as it is a phobia i have slowly been overcoming, i look at other women around me and watch them laughing and talking and then it normally sinks in...........there is absolutely nothing to fear.

And i am definately not trapped. And nor are you.

You'll be really chuffed with yourself, when your hair is done.

So well done you.

ditzygirl
18-10-10, 14:56
Your doing really well fairyclairy, your hairdresser may be pregnant and suffering......

Will this help - I am sitting looking out of my lounge window - the sea is pretty choppy today, looks grey and cold bbbrrrrr but the autumn sun loooks lovely glisening on the water. The fields on the hills above ( on the other side of the water) are still green and yellow in places.
I will never tire of living by the sea its beautiful even in the snow which is forcast. Im just waiting for my strawberry jam to thicken yeap home made mmmmm smells scrummy.......

Have I distracted you enough yet ??????teeeheeeeex

pinkpiglet
18-10-10, 15:00
My cousin is emotophobic and this situation would have her rattled too so I can sympathise with you. This lady could be pregnant or hungover, it isnt necessarily a bug and even if it is, you arent likely to catch it are you. I am guessing that you are about ready by now and may even have left the shop. Do not worry yourself, you are looking at the worse case scenario. Well done for getting yourself there in the first place. I hope you lve your new 'do' x

fairyclairy
18-10-10, 20:01
Thank you so so much for your replies guys - i tried to reply whilst i was still there but my phone battery died!

I dont know what id do without this site - i probably would have ran out in a complete mess and spent the afternoon panicking, but i read your replies and stayed strong!

I stayed there, read a magazine or two and chatted to get my mind off things - fortuently, my hairdresser is my (soon to be) sister in-law and as soon as she mentioned about feeling sick she was very apologetic because she had forgot for a second of my phobias etc... she tried reassuring me and said she thought it was just period pains and not a bug or anything. It did help alittle but the thought of catching a stomach bug was still on my mind.. but i just laughed it off pretending nothing was wrong (i should have gone into acting the way i was :))

I managed to keep calm and didnt get into a full blown panic attack and i just thought i could either run out, panic, go mad and let this phobia ruin my life once again..... or i could get through it, stand up to the fear and try and live a normal life.... i did the latter and im so glad i did! Really love my new hair and feel proud that i got through it... iv continued to keep busy this afternoon to get my mind off thinking iv caught a stomach bug and just told myself 'if it happens, itl happen.. i cant do anything to stop it, no amount of panic will stop it'
And to top it off, iv been to slimming world tonight and have now lost over half a stone!

So its turned out to be a good day :D

Thank you again for your replies, dont know what id do without this website... oh yeah i do, id be a total mess! :blush: xx

ditzygirl
18-10-10, 20:46
Fairyclairy

what a fab day for you, you have done amazingly well onboth accounts.

and you got fab new hair too.

Well donex

diane07
18-10-10, 21:06
Wow, well done you

I bet you look a million dollars :hugs:

I knew you could stick it out

di xx

Inspires
18-10-10, 23:37
Well done honey, I hope that all your tomorrow's are just as nice...

Take care,

Sue x :flowers:

Going home
18-10-10, 23:56
Well done, I remember that feeling of being trapped at the hairdressers and know how strong the panic can be so you did really well, especially with the added panic of the emetaphobia.

Anna xxx :yesyes:

D.Marie
19-10-10, 05:39
Great Job... I'm glad you overcame your anxiety. I know the feeling of being trapped at the hairdressers and just wanting to go home..