PDA

View Full Version : Boobs again :(

Mogwog
18-10-10, 16:59
Hi all

Back in June this year I had a breast scan due to breast pain and a lumpy area in my left breast on the side nearest my armpit. the consultant said there was a samll group of cysts but they were fineand I still ahve pain in this area when I press on it. When I got back I wrote down where on my breast this lump was so that I could refer back to it when checking my breasts each month, otherwise I knew I would get into a panic.

Well quess what?.......... I'm panicking now, i checked yesterday as it was time to and got panicky over this area because I am starting to doubt myself.. I keep thinking its not the same lump even though when I go back to my notes its in exactly the same place. I cant go through this again... I just can't. Please tell me that nothing sinister would have grown in the 4 months I saw the consultant. I dont want to go to the doc as I was constanly there about this before I had the scan. Im so sad :weep:
How do you stop poking it and just believ you are ok?
L.x

debs71
18-10-10, 18:08
Hi Mogwog....I sympathise with you, I really do and how frightening this is. From what I know about breast lumps the vast majority of them turn out not to be sinister, but either benign lumps or cysts and suchlike. I think the figure is 20% turn out to be malignant. Also please take heart in knowing that women who have a history of cysts ARE NO MORE INCLINED to go on to find something cancerous, ie. their risk is not greater than those who have never had a lump.

I have been researching all of this since my GP found a lump in my left breast last week, though I had actually gone there c/o pain in my right breast. I'm having a mammogram on the 28th October and am quite nervous so I can empathise with your concerns hun.

If you are feeling the same lump in the same place with no visible changes (like skin dimpling or puckering) my opinion is the chances are that nothing has changed/got worse, just remind yourself constantly of this and try to stay positive. Try also to distract yourself from focusing entirely on that area as the less your touch, look in the mirror, etc. the further your mind will move from negative thoughts about it. I know this is easier said than done though.

I had ovarian cysts a few months ago and tried not to dwell on them and they eventually resolved on their own, and breast cysts can also do that apparently, so also take heart in that.

I hope you feel better about things soon.xxxxx:hugs:

dodo
18-10-10, 18:08
I don't know hun, I am the same. I was told I had fybrocystic breasts a couple of years back. I had to have some fluid taken from one and I'm sure the place they took it from doesn't line up with where the lump was. Anyway it dissapeared, but now I;ve started taking the pill it's come back - so this tells me it's nothing serious. However I have a couple of small lumps in the other breast now. My husband says he can't feel them but I can. I have some on the other side in the same place but they're not as big. So I'm freaking out that it's my glands and they're diseased.

What a good idea though noting down where the lumps are. I am sure it's the same one.

Mogwog
19-10-10, 16:13
Thank you for your replies

I am still having a hard time over this. On my notes I have written down that I have a big lump (about 1cm) with a small lump underneath it. I keep checking and then thinking that the smaller lump isnt in the same place as I noted down - i wrote underneath but it is more to the side, so therefore must be a new lump and is slowly going to eat away at me. I keep checking it but the more I check the clouder my judgement becomes and I think I have to check again incase it has changed in some way or I am not checking them properly:weep:

I have a very unsympathatic drs practice so I dont reallt know what to do. One minute I am ok thinking that nothing changed sine June, the next I am thinking "what if?"

I am going on holiday on Sat aswell. I am ruining everything

L.x

Mogwog
19-10-10, 16:59
I am very lucky to have got an appt tonight to see the consultant who dealt with me last time.

I'm scared though as I dont want to him to think I am being a pain.