PDA

View Full Version : Colposcopy worry!!

Jo Doe
18-10-10, 20:02
Hi all,
Although i use this site regularly, this is my first time posting.:blush:

Anyway a couple of months back had a routine smear which came back normal but the GP said she could see ' yellow spots on the cervix' I was referred to the gyn dept, Doc there had a look and said I had slight erosion(?) and what she thought was glands on the cervix but it didn't look sinister. Still, i was referred for a colposcopy. I didn't worry too much at the time but the appointment is now tomorrow and i am all worried again!:mad: I have looked up every form of girly cancer there is ( I know.. wrong!) but i still don't know why i need a colposcopy if the results were normal.

Any help much appreciated.

missykat
18-10-10, 20:43
i personally wouldnt worry about it if ure smear came back fine. they are prob just been extra cautious y'know. but rest assured ull be fine :)

Jo Doe
18-10-10, 21:01
Thanks for your reply Missykat. I know i'm probably being stupid.. anxiety eh! who bloody needs it !!:weep:

missykat
18-10-10, 21:02
yeah tell me about it bloody sucks!!!! :hugs:

missykat
18-10-10, 21:04
ps. two years ago my last smear the nurse mentioned it looked abit inflamed an raw, result came back clear, and im still here :) i think they really shouldn't remark like that, makes people worry uneccessarily.

Jo Doe
19-10-10, 12:47
Well... it was Nabothian cysts! totally harmless and no treatment needed. Phew!:D

missykat
19-10-10, 20:27
thats good news then :) good for you. now u can relax :)