PDA

View Full Version : Going to the doctors tomorrow

Rennie1989
18-10-10, 20:24
hiya

i couldn't find anywhere to put this thread so sorry if it is in the wrong place.

in my thread in the 'introduce yourself' forum i explained how i felt really high (being provocative, spending money on alcohol and taxis, speaking before i think and loud) and how i suddenly crashed into depression. i have been depressed now for nearly two weeks and it couldn't happen at any better time, essays are due in a matter of days and i cant concentrate to get them done!!!

now, i think i could be bipolar, and i have found that hard to admit. the highs i experienced were not who i was, i never grab my friends breasts or talk about sex so openly, that's not who i am, but i did! i got drunk so many times at clubs, almost having a one night stand with a guy i never met, and being so drunk that dancing kept me standing. i have looked back at my photos on facebook and i am discusted with how i behaved, no dignity what so ever! my friends loved it though. and i remember times where i have been on a high like that, two years ago i remember going around my old work place telling my colleaguses that i was 'adorable', i have never had that high self esteem before, and both those times i have always crashed into depression afterwards, after the first time i tried to commit suicide, which my doctor knows.

i dont know how to tell my doctor, im scared that he'll tell me nothings wrong when im sure there is. who else goes on a high, and crashes into depression with no triggers what so ever. has anybody else had to go to the doctors thinking they were bipolar? what did you say? what did the doctors do?

Maj
18-10-10, 21:30
I think it's up to your doctor to find out exactly what your symptoms are caused by. I don't think you should be soldiering on on your own. Definitely sounds like you need help to get you through these periods. Even if it is bipolar then there are excellent meds available nowadays to help control it. Don't try to work this out on your own, get your doctor to help you x

Rennie1989
19-10-10, 18:07
thanks for the message, maj

well, i fluked it, couldnt go to the doctors today. just woke up and went 'i cant do it!!' which hasnt been like me for a long time. im going to go tomorrow ..... i will go to tomorrow ..... i'll try anyway ......

paula lynne
19-10-10, 18:59
All the best with gp Rennie x

mick_uk
19-10-10, 19:00
I hope you make it to the doctors Rennie. I'm sure you will. You can't let the situation go on like that. We always think the worse things going to happen and it rarely does. Good luck.

suzy-sue
19-10-10, 22:06
Bi polar isnt the only reason you can feel like this Rennie .Theres no reason to think its the worst thing anyway .The sooner you go, the quicker you will be treated for whatever it is .Please try to make the Drs ,Im sure you will feel better about it when you have .ALL the best hun Luv sue xx:hugs::hugs: