PDA

View Full Version : Tick tock...

Sheem
19-10-10, 00:40
I've been off work for 2 weeks, ostensibly due to the flu (sinusitis 1 week, acute bronchitis 1 week, yay). My sick note ends today, so I'm back at work. Besides the flu, work has been stressing me out recently; my anxiety and depression are certainly hovering. I knew tonight would be miserable; but now I'm sat, watching the clock - knowing it will be 5 am soon enough and I'll have to get ready to catch the bus. As I sit here, my heart's playing God save the queen with variations, I'm reading various threads that I try and contribute to but make me feel sad and embarrassed - the old 'I don't know how good I got it'. I've had a letter from work, I know the OT wants to see me to make me jump a ring or two. I feel like I'm going back to 'them vs me', despite many good friends at work, including my boss. I feel... oh I so feel out of control right now. Not a happy bunny.

Sheem
19-10-10, 01:16
Checking in. Heart's still pounding, head's now hurting. Going to be an excellent night.

Sheem
19-10-10, 03:01
3am and all's well. Heh. Or something like that. Today is going to be painful, especially in the afternoon.

alicegreen
20-10-10, 12:47
i have to say it wasn't east at first, especially when i didnt want to leave the house. i was also worried about exercise because i suffer with palpitations, so the idea of increasing my heart rate on purpose was really scary. however, i can reassure anyone who has this fear that this is fine, and that exercising didnt make my palpitations worse and if anything it has given me more confidence in my heart and it's ability to work properly and it's strength. now if i have a panic attack or if i worry my heart will stop i can remind myself that if it were going to stop, it would have done some because it was struggling when i was pushing it by exercising. xx

Why have you posted this everywhere?
ETA could it be advertising I wonder?
It wasnt even your quote was it?

Strawberry Cupcake
20-10-10, 14:40
This sounds so familiar. I dont know what to say to help you though. Just try and relax and take each step as it comes.

This feeling of anxiety became too much for me in the work place and I've lost every job I've ever had within a matter of months because of it. Just think about how much you want to stick at your job and just keep your head down and try to get on with things and keep your mind occupied.