PDA

View Full Version : New!

kc5499
19-10-10, 06:36
So, I had my first panic attack when I was 5. Watched a man die of a heart attack and kind of triggered it from there. Panic attacks have gone down, but anxiety is awful.. I am an RN so I should know better, but some things are hard to help. I have headaches a lot which make me very nervous, that's probably the cause of most of my anxiety. Worried about aneurysms and such.. Just nice to know other people are out there. =]

nomorepanic
19-10-10, 06:37
Hi kc5499

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Inspires
19-10-10, 10:26
Hello, a warm :welcome:

Take care,

Sue x :flowers:

paula lynne
19-10-10, 11:52
Hi Kc and welcome aboard x Im an ex-nurse suffering with ha, panic and agoraphobia. Youll find lots of help and support here, as I have. Good to know you x:welcome:

paulst
19-10-10, 16:34
Hi Kc welcome to NMP, hope you soon start to feel at home here:).

Mazzmate
19-10-10, 16:35
Hi kc, welcome to nmp. Seems to be quite a lot of us nurses on here who need support too. I have to say that being in psychiatic nursing for many years and helping people with anxiety and depression etc, I have learned a very valuable lesson, that is, unless you have suffered the symptoms yourself you really have no idea what your patients are going through, no matter how many qualifications you may have there is no way you can empathise at all. Having panic attacks and anxiety myself has really opened my eyes. Anyway this site is magic and I hope you get what you need to help you on your road to recovery.