PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm New

Alfie1967
19-10-10, 11:51
Hi Everyone, just wanted to say what a fantastic site this is. It has helped me enormously over the last three months when I have been suffering really bad anxiety/panic attacks.

I have suffered with anxiety for over 20 years, but self helped and was doing okay, until I lost my dad suddenly last year. The last three months have been hell and I couldn't even use my self help techniques, so felt even worse. Sat at work now and my head is spinning and I feel so dizzy and shaky and feel like I am going to lose it. Don't want to go home again - only just back at work full time.

Had blood test results yesterday I have a very high iron count and I am slightly worried about this. The Dr is going to do a retest in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what this means and is it serious? Don't want to Google as I will end up paranoid.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read and I hope to make new friends on my road to recovery. I have done it once so I am sure I can do it again, especially with the help of this wonderful site.

XXXXX

diane07
19-10-10, 11:52
Hi Alfie1967

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Alfie1967
19-10-10, 11:55
Thanks Diane, Been through the site don't know how many times - it's got great advice and information. Hope to put it all to good use.
xx

paula lynne
19-10-10, 12:11
Hi Alfie and welcome. Ive got some info for you, so will send you a personal message x:welcome:

Alfie1967
19-10-10, 12:12
Thanks Paula, much appreciated. xxxxxxx

paula lynne
19-10-10, 12:18
Sent.
What do you think? hope it allevates your fears as you can start making changes today. No more rib eye steak for you for a while!
Take care, x Paula

KK77
19-10-10, 15:10
Welcome to the forum Alfie. I hope you find it useful here and enjoy your stay with us.