PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure

stinger
19-10-10, 18:49
I realise this has been discussed before. I did a home test today and found that my blood pressure is a bit high at 142 over 85 or 88 (cant remember.) Im only 23 years old! I realise that this is only just creeping into the high levels (apparently 139 is high but normal) but would prefer it to be more near the normal of 120. I dont do regular exercise to be fair, im not fat at all im slightly underweight (although i do eat plenty, i just have the skinny genes) and my diet isnt great but is not terrible either. I will be starting a new job soon with more regular sleeping patterns, more activity, and hopefully start doing some exercise as well. Will this be enough to get me back to normal levels?

nomorepanic
19-10-10, 19:08
A one-off high reading doesn't mean much to be honest.

Things to do if you are worried - give up smoking, cut down on alcohol, cut down salt in your diet, eat healthily, exercise, relaxation.

stinger
19-10-10, 19:26
Ive never smoked and i only drink maybe half a dozen times per year! Im hoping a few ammendments to my diet and activity levels will get it back down though. I was expecting the reading to say i was really healthy:ohmy:

paula lynne
19-10-10, 19:34
My gp says excersice helps reduce bp, even 30 mins of walking a day x:)