PDA

View Full Version : Another One

Estranged
20-10-10, 13:42
Hi all
Guess I jinxed myself, bout 4am laying in bed, I could feel it coming on again "that feeling" tried to grab it and control it, before it hit panic stage, not sure if I did or not, lasted for about 10 min or so until I started feeling a little normal and fell back asleep, I was in bed for the whole episode.

It's now 8 am and awakening I could myself feel scared and that feeling Colby on but just went along with it, maybe because that's the last thing my brain remembered? Before going to sleep.

So in the end I'm not sure what brought it on again, I felt my sugar was low yesterday (was 4.9) and decided to load up on lots of cookies and ice-cream, could that have brought it on? As after that my head felt weird , like brain was fuzzy all the way up until falling asleep and then waking up as mentioned at 4am.

Thanks all, I thought I was making progress maybe I was just kidding myself
Any thoughts are always welcomed especially by a group such as we have here

Estranged

ems43
20-10-10, 13:50
its really awful when you feel you have taken a step forwards and then feel yourself sliding back again. I guess we are going to have blips along the way and have good moments/ bad moments. i remember when i recovered from my first breakdown, if i had any signs of anxiety i would think, here we go again... im back at square one. the reality is you have had a blip and I am sure you will get back on track again.xxx

DavidJ85
20-10-10, 18:16
Hey Estranged, as you know I've been up and down like a yoyo, don't worry I've been having blips and my mind is always ALWAYS racing!

I'm like you though, I'll try to control it as best I can and it's getting better I must admit!

Estranged
20-10-10, 19:45
Hi david
I feel mine are getting better as well but it seems when you think there gone they come back.

I had a feeling I was going to get another one lastnight because few hrs prior my head was feeling weird, like brain sensation ( is that normal)? And today I still have that sensation feeling there, not as bad but I can tell its there

Thanks

Dahlia
20-10-10, 19:52
Hi Estranged

It sounds like you had a panic attack. However (and I know we discussed sugar levels recently), a binge on cookies and ice cream (whilst delicious) will give you one almighty sugar rush and then when your sugar level drops you'll get all the shaky, faint, sick, anxious type feelings. Try to eat complex carbs for if you can - that's good sugar that is released nice and slowly - whereas sugar from refined carbs are dumped into your blood stream immediately. (Not that I'm one to talk, I eat that stuff like it's going out of fashion :) )

Dahlia

Estranged
20-10-10, 21:08
Lol thanks D
Guess I celebrated my no anxiety the wrong way, just kidding my sugar was 4.9 and felt low bu I guess I tried to raise it to fast and those were the results, as for a panic attack, would it have been that or anxiety? Usually when I get a panc attack I
Always wanting to call 911 n really scared but I suppose they are pretty much similar, just maybe handles it better?

Thank you

Dahlia
20-10-10, 22:17
Lol thanks D
Guess I celebrated my no anxiety the wrong way, just kidding my sugar was 4.9 and felt low bu I guess I tried to raise it to fast and those were the results, as for a panic attack, would it have been that or anxiety? Usually when I get a panc attack I
Always wanting to call 911 n really scared but I suppose they are pretty much similar, just maybe handles it better?

Thank you

I think I have anxiety attacks and panic attacks. I don't know if there is such a thing as an anxiety attack - but for me it's a milder panic attack, that is unpleasant, but copeable. Whereas with a panic attack I feel like I'm on the verge of hysteria.

I am just eating 2 Cadbury Fudges. As I say, do as I say, not what I do....;)

Dahlia

DavidJ85
20-10-10, 23:38
There are definitely 2 types. Panic attacks are feelings of sheer terror and anxiety attacks are milder but just as unpleasant!

I hate setbacks though as they make u feel your back to square one.

Estranged
20-10-10, 23:50
I would say that I'm able to keep my attacks at minimum or try my best, I hate the all out panic attacks, very scary, as for setbacks I hate them as well, I feel this has been a big setback, especially only days ago it felt like my attacks never existed, now I write today again with this weird head sensations , mild but still uncomfortable

Am I ever going to get over this????? Arrrrrrrg

Thank You

Dahlia
21-10-10, 18:32
Estranged, I literally just read this in a Yahoo article:

Ice cream
Ice cream's first positive relates to its GI or Glycemic Index; as ice cream is, in fact, a low GI food. This means that it releases its sugars slowly and so can keep you feeling fuller for longer. And for that reason you are less likely to binge after eating ice cream. Obviously it's all about moderation and demolishing a whole tub in one sitting isn't going to be good for you, but if you are comparing desserts like for like, 75 grams of Ben and Jerry's Cookies and Cream ice-cream contains only 114 calories compared to a slice of cheesecake with 511 calories - and is therefore the better option. Secondly, ice-cream is made of milk which contains many essential nutrients and vitamins. Studies show a possible link between milk consumption and a lowered risk of arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease, and colorectal cancer.

Shows how much I know, eh? Incidentally, I have just eaten a slice of cheesecake.

Dahlia