PDA

View Full Version : Propanalol

crazyhayz
20-10-10, 21:29
Anyone on here take this? Is it effective? Ive been prescribed 10mg, a low dose i hear.. ive been given 3 months worth.. but im scared of side effects... and ive read they slow ur heart rate down, the idea of it slowing down my heart rate freaks me out.. as I dont even have a fast heart rate!! i think she gave them to me for anxiety.. are they any good?????

I get alot of adrenalin rushes and physical symptoms, would thse help??????? Thing is, i take Citalopram 20mg for anxiety/postnatal depression, and Diazepam 2mg (as and when needed) if im getting a 'bad anxiety' day... would Propanalol be safe to take with these????? Im really scared about taking them :(

alicegreen
20-10-10, 21:41
they will be better than the diazepam actually as they block the effects of the adrenaline. I take sertraline 100mg, propanolol 10-20 three times daily and just stopped olanzapine. I have diazepam but havent needed it for months now.
I worried too about the heart rate thing but it doesnt slow it dangerously, promise. You can actually have up to240mg of propanolol daily so you really will be starting low.
Good luck x

crazyhayz
20-10-10, 21:59
brill, thanks alice. x

kittykat
21-10-10, 09:14
Hiya im on 160mg of propranolol divided dose for migraine but the doctor also said it would help my anxiety im also on another host of medication including amitryptilline, diazepam when needed ans citalopram and im fine , and the heart rate is as well , hope that helps put your mind at rest a bit xx

blueangel
21-10-10, 09:41
Ditto to what the others have said; 10 mg is a teeny dose and to be honest, it probably won't slow your heart rate down very much. What it will do though is stop some of the other horrible physical symptoms like the shakiness. At that dose, I would have thought that the side effects really are neglible, so give them a try.

I take 80mg daily for migraine and the only significant side effect they've ever given me is cold hands.

crazyhayz
21-10-10, 11:09
brill, whens best to tke them morning or night ???

PokerFace
21-10-10, 13:31
I take 10 mg 3 times a day for the past 3 months an found it helps rly well. If you're only takin 1 a day best to take it in the mornin cuz it gets into ur system pretty fast and will help with side effects of anx/anxiety attacks through the day x

AlwaysPanik
17-01-13, 13:54
Hi there, I have been prescribed Propranolol 40mg for as and when I feel the anxiety rush. I have noticed that my HR goes down to late 40's. My resting HR, usually, is around 60. I also take Prozac and Ramipril. Does anyone else have a low HR ? Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

I take 10 mg 3 times a day for the past 3 months an found it helps rly well. If you're only takin 1 a day best to take it in the mornin cuz it gets into ur system pretty fast and will help with side effects of anx/anxiety attacks through the day x

Hi there, do you still get the panic feeling but without the raised HR ? I am feeling the rush so to speak, but my HR is not budging. Feels very strange. X