PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety lifer

krystlej
11-03-06, 00:43
Hello!

I've just discovered this forum, and WHAT a relief to see so many people who understand. Anyways, I'm Krystle, I've had anxiety since I can remember, actually, I can pin point the moment I remember having my first attack. I also have ADHD. I am a handful, I'm surprised my boyfriend deals with me!

I hope to talk to some people and help some people and be helped!

namaste
k

clickaway
11-03-06, 01:13
Hi and welcome to the forum. I too am glad you found us.

Please don't call yourself an anxiety lifer. OK, you have other issues interwoven, but if you call yourself a lifer, you really will have it for life. Be upbeat about it all and you'll make progress. Real progress.

How much is your Attention Deficit Disorder related to your anxiety? Did that spark off the anxiety?

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jackie
11-03-06, 09:28
hope we can help krystal

you will feel at home here if you are a handful for i can admit to that too
jackie

wendy
11-03-06, 09:46
Hi Krystal
Welcome, I also felt I was a lifer however all the support I get here is helping me to get over this
Take care
Wendy x

Meg
11-03-06, 10:16
Krystle

Noone has to have anxiety for life. You can learn to control and overcome it. You may have a tendancy towards it but it doesn't have to always dominate you.

What sort of help have you had so far and how do you help yourself ?

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Alexandra
11-03-06, 10:18
Hi Krystle

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Karen
11-03-06, 11:02
Hi Krystal

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

trac67
11-03-06, 11:42
Hi Krystal,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

ashley
11-03-06, 12:40
Hiya abe, welcome to the best surport you could ever find, everyone is so lovley here, so sweet so kind, even though they are in a great dealof pain theirselves there are never selfish.
Honestly you need surport when you are going through bad times , and i find it rewarding if i can make a difference to someone feeling better too,as i know in my heart how all of this feels.

Welcome aboard love, it may all feel like a rocky ride for you right now, the way you are feeling is awful .. but trust me with help from us and help from your self too, you will get there step by step..

ITS ABOUT CONTROLLING IT,, NOT IT CONTROLLING YOU X

ashley xxxx

nomorepanic
11-03-06, 14:45
Hi Krystal

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet loads of lovely people here and get some great help.

Nicola

sueiamnew
11-03-06, 19:00
Hi Krystle and welcome to the site.

krystlej
12-03-06, 18:28
Hello again!

To answer a few of your questions, I've had CBT with a psychologist at my school (university of Toronto) which I found helpful at first, but not so much now. My family doctor told me that sometimes it just takes the right person. I also have a psychiatrist for my adhd, who has put me on dexedrine. i find the dexedrine helps my anxiety because it keeps me in the moment, not worrying about the future. Actually they both think that my anxiety stemmed from having adhd at a young age and not knowing it. I also have Ativan (lorazepam) which I take only when having a panic attack. I always try and fight through them without meds, but If I feel I can't then I take one. My doctor also suggested cipralex, but I am still wary about it.

I know I don't have to have anxiety for life..it's just been SO long, and I'm sO frustrated with it!

thanks for all the responses, I feel at home already!

sal
12-03-06, 22:06
Hi K

It is hard and i wish we could go to the doctors with flu and be told after 3 weeks we would start to feel better. But with this it is time and there is no time limit. Thinking of you and will help you all i can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".