PDA

View Full Version : Stopping the contraceptive pill, spotting!!

Girl_Interrupted
20-10-10, 21:49
Hi there, I've been on the birth pill for about 15 years!! decided to come off it + thinking about starting a family : ) my body seems to have gone a bit crazy!! last friday would have been the first day of my new pill packet, (had last period as normal) but i left the pill now to give my body a break, however i have just started spotting!! Because this is all new to me, hence being on the pill for so long i'm not sure if its normal or not!! I'm taking extra precautions at the moment as well : )

Maybe its just my body adjusting to my hormones again, as i'm not on the pill anymore!!

Any advice would be great, just worried me a bit thats all :unsure:

nomorepanic
20-10-10, 22:17
Since I came off the pill 2 years ago my periods are all over the place and never regular.

I think it is normal until your body adjusts to it.

Girl_Interrupted
20-10-10, 22:36
Thanks for ur reply, i guess its early days yet!! My body hasnt even began to get used to the hormonal changes taking place from coming of the pill. I hope it will settle down : )

nomorepanic
20-10-10, 23:02
Good luck with the future pregnancy when it happens

KJE2282
21-10-10, 15:05
I don't think it is anything to worry about, my periods gave been irregular since having my second baby, hormones take a while to settle, they say 3-6 months, so it's still early days for you.

I hope it all turns out well for you. X

Girl_Interrupted
23-10-10, 23:14
Thanks guys : ) it has settled down, spotting has stopped.

dodo
24-10-10, 09:51
I think this is completely normal. If it isn't in a couple of months then I'd go see a Dr but your body has to get used to doing it by itself. They do say to wait till you've had a proper period before trying for a baby which indicates that it can take a while to readjust. Good luck, having a family is so rewarding :)

Rennie1989
24-10-10, 11:43
Coming of the contraceptive pill can cause spotting, it should regulate once the hormones have regulated themselves. Try not to get too stressed and anxious about it because it can make them irregular and spot too.

Good luck!