PDA

View Full Version : Am I suffering from anxiety?

KingChiliPepper
21-10-10, 00:56
I just recently left home and started University and ever since around 1 week before I moved out, I've had all kinds of crap going on with my body. I'm not the greatest social person so my initial worries were of meeting new people but all my flatmates are nice people so those worries have since subsided. However I've now started seriously worrying about my health.

My symtoms:

Chest Pains (sometimes left, sometimes right, at the moment around the centre)
Light head
Headaches
Dizzyness
Increase in bowel movements
Various abdominal pains (none of these recently)
Fear of cancer, heart attack or death each time something happens.
Loss of appetite
Disturbed sleep pattern

Of course, each time one of these happens, I start worrying about it and it just gets worse, usually if I can forget about them, occupy myself or talk to someone about them they will soon ease or vanish. In general though I don't really feel anxious, often depressed but not all the time anxious. I just don't really know what's going. :(

Earlier I called an NHS helpline and they were very helpful, said I should visit a GP and maybe get some counselling from my university. Good advice but I'm still worrying about the chest pains.

Krystal
21-10-10, 01:48
By the sounds of it, its all classic anxiety. Thats all what started me off, its not fun I know. Try visiting a councellor, my uni councellors are great and get a checkup with your doctor to see if everythings fine. The anxiety wont go away straight away believe me, but it will help. I've had it for only 2 months, yet it feels like a lifetime already. Although its easier said then done, try to keep your mind of it and visit other anxiety websites and try some things they suggest. It will help, mine comes and goes, but there are good times with it and it will eventually subside, just try some of these things, they do help. Hope you feel better, I know how you feel. :welcome: