PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - increasing dose ????

Nancy D
21-10-10, 02:30
Hi All,

Great site, been looking for several days, lots of great info. Working my way up on cit and have a few questions. Took cit 8 days at 10 mg. Then 14 days at 20 mg. I see the Dr. tomorrow and suppose to increase to 40 mg. Have had severe anxiety ever since starting at 10 mg. Much worse than before I went on. I am not sure if it is not strong enough at 20mg to do good yet or if I am already taking too much. Had brain surgery -all went well. Developed anxiety (fast heart, could not sleep, anxiety zaps) while waiting for my health insurance to take care of bills. Now I awake 2 hrs before alarm with adrenalin zinging me and my skin crawling and hot. I don't come down all day. Usually get exhausted just before bed and come down. My dr. will now prescribe valium. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks:weep:

diane07
21-10-10, 02:34
Hi Nancy D

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
21-10-10, 22:34
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

DanDanT
22-10-10, 12:52
Hi Nancy

I am also new to this site and have just returned from the doctors with a perscription for citrolpram 40mg ( ive been on 20mg for 4 weeks with out much improvement ) Im scared to take them as i had horrible side effects from the 20mg and have never felt more anxious in all my 4 years of suffering with panic attacks and anxiety :(

I also feel very out of body on them and most days just wonder around feeling anxious and alone. I also get mad hours of adrenilin and dont no what to do with myself i normally get on my wii fit to try and shake it off ( which does normally work wonders ) but other days i just crawl back into bed and lay there all day.

But im willing to try anything to get better so im going to give them ago and hopefully the out come will be better that the side effects.

Would love to know how u get on and share any feelings we might both be having. always find it helps to talk to someone going through what i am :)

Take care

Dan :)

bexy1970
22-10-10, 15:53
hi guys, please stick with the cit and do the increase!! i started on ten, then did fifteen,twenty,twenty five, thirty,thirty five week by week by breaking the tabs in half!!!!theyve helped me no end please give them time, i had awful side effects at first but stuck at them with advice from on here x