PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hello

Mikey_99123
21-10-10, 10:22
Morning all,

I'm in Oxfordshire and this is my first post. I'm so glad to have found this site because I've felt like I've been going crazy for the last couple of months. I've no idea why I'm having this anxiety and panic attacks but it is really horrible and very scary. I honestly thought I was the only one convinced I was having a heart attack during my worst moments and it has been a great comfort (though ever so slightly sad) that there are so many people in a very similar position.

As I say, I've been going through it for a couple of months and, luckily, my work is very understanding about it. I'm having counselling (how expensive is that!!) and I've just been to the GP to change my meds. I was on Seroxat which seemed to make things worse so I've been given Citalopram (which I'm trying not to use) and Propranolol which seems to have been great over the last day or so.

I think I hate the way my brain is playing tricks on me the most. I had an ECG at the Doctor's yesterday which was described as 'perfect'. You'd think I'd be happy with that but my mind is desperately searching for something else to worry about (is Propranolol making my chest tight as I'm mildly asthmatic, for example!).

I know my recovery may take some time and probably won't be fun but it's very nice to meet you all and I'd like to say a big thank you to all of you who have (unknowingly) helped me with your posts.

I hope that everyone's day is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be even better than that.

Take care.

Mikey_99123 :)

diane07
21-10-10, 10:26
Hi Mikey_99123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
21-10-10, 10:30
Hi Mikey and welcome to a wonderful supportive site x:welcome:

margaret jones
21-10-10, 12:48
Hi Mikey welcome to NMP you will find lots of support and meet some great people xx

Vanilla Sky
21-10-10, 22:33
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x