PDA

View Full Version : DENTAL PHOBIA!!!! appointment approaching..help!!

krystlej
11-03-06, 01:51
hello!

I have an appointment for the dentist on march 23rd. and I have thought about it every day for 2 months! I haven't been to the dentist for 3 years b ecause the last time I was there I had too much nitrus and vomited!! my SECOND BIGGEST ANXIETY PRODUCING PHOBIA!!
anyways... now I've got to go, I have huge cavities and can't wait any longer, it's starting to get painful..so in a way I want to go to get it over with.

I am getting IV sedation this time. I've never had it before at the dentist, and I was wondering if anyone else here has had it before. I am scared that it won't be strong enough, and that my anxiety will come through.. I know it might sound irrational but..lets discuss the forum. Haha.

any experience at all with IV sedation would be helpful... I am so scared!

shaking in Ontario!

k

Trish
11-03-06, 05:34
Hi

Yes i have had iv sedation, and it was great, very small injection then your out like a light and you don't feel a thing...honest!

Good luck for the 23rd, you will be fine.

Trishx

Bevduk
11-03-06, 14:05
No experience with IV sedation (because I was always too terrified to try it!) but I just wanted to wish you lots of luck :)

nomorepanic
11-03-06, 15:54
I can't help with the IV but I did write this page on Dental Phobia ....

Dental Phobia (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=dental)

Nicola

tracyp584
11-03-06, 16:49
Hi,

I took my son who had the sedation, and it was fine. I was in more of a state than he was! It was pain free, and very quick.

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

krystlej
12-03-06, 19:22
thanks so much everyone for replying, the more you do, the less scared I become!! I am trying to calm down about it, I must be driving everyone crazy.

thanks again!!!

Southern_Belle
23-03-06, 20:10
Krystlej,

Just wanted to give you a big THANK YOU for the great advice. I had a panic attack after getting nitrus for my huge anxiety to get my teeth cleaned at dentist. Didn't know it could have been caused from the nitrus, now I know. Also, didn't know of IV treatments. Thank you so much for the information. I have had IV sedation for a colonoscopy, didn't feel a thing, so if it worked for that procedure, i'm sure it will do for the dentist. Good luck and thanks again!

Bel