PDA

View Full Version : How did Venlafaxine make you feel?

mercer88
21-10-10, 12:46
Hi guys,

I'm new here, was diagnosed with GAD recently and have been on venlafaxine for a few weeks.

It is certainly having more of an effect than the previous SSRIs I was prescribed, but I'm not sure if it is too much of an effect. The last few days I've been very agitated, almost alert...Like a big caffeine buzz. My teeth are on edge and I feel very jerky and unfocused.

I was just wondering if anyone had similar experiences? If so did it get easier. My anxiety has been very acute over the last few months and severe depression with it means that I have been very inactive...I don't know if these are genuine side effects or if I'm just pent up from so much inactivity and just need to jump back into a regular routine...It's been so long since I felt 'normal' that I don't know if this is just what 'normal' feels like, especially since prior to my acute anxiety I used to self-medicate with alcohol a lot.

Any advice is welcome advice.

Thanks.

Pendragon
23-10-10, 22:53
I've had something similar, but oddly it was when I forgot to take the venlafaxine. What dose are you on?

mercer88
24-01-11, 03:12
Hi Pendragon,

Sorry. Haven't been around for a while. Long story.

Was on 75mg but, after talking about my problems with my team it got upped to 150mg and I have been fine since.
In fact I've been improving for quite a while. Only began experiencing problems recently but that's more due to external factors than internal ones (if only people's minds were as easy to deal with as their bodies!).

That said; On venlafaxine I feel far more active, am less prone to comfort eating, and have an insatiable urge to get out and enjoy myself more...I am assuming the side effects I felt were just exaggerated forms of this due to my lower dosage.