PDA

View Full Version : diabetes fear

april tones
11-03-06, 01:02
does any one obsess about getting or having this? i do x

apriltones

QueenOfHearts
11-03-06, 01:22
Because the symptoms are something that so many people can have one or two of it is easy to obsess over. I mean who doesn't get thirsty and tired and go to the loo alot sometimes! I'm not trying to belittle your fear at all, i went through a stage of worrying about it because i was thirsty. I'm always thirsty because i hate drinking water, so much so that i've ended up in hospital because i have kidney problems which get worse when i don't drink...

Anyway my point was: I guess it depends on why you think you have it, you can always go to a pharmacy or your GP and ask them to test your blood sugar, but then once you realised it wasn't that would you find something else? Its a horrible cycle isn't i!

jackie
11-03-06, 09:25
oh yes every day of my life for the past four years

you are not alone, just look in the phobia section in a post entitled fear of death, or in the health anxiety part

it will not take it away, but it does help to know you are not alone
take care
jackie

Meg
11-03-06, 11:02
April,

Its very easily tested for. Have you discussed this with your doctor ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

april tones
11-03-06, 12:55
hello meg, i got tested about 1 yr or 2 ago. i think its might be my fibro and anxiety, hard to tell diference. i am losing weight on diet so thats good. would i have been checked when pregnant throgh urine? protein etc in water? x or suagar?

apriltones

katyfitz
11-03-06, 12:58
i think i have all the time, but i had blood tests done a few months ago and nothing showed up i think im feeling how i am because of the anxiety i do feel lightheaded and weak and i think thats cause i aint got enough sugar but if i had diabetes and ive been feeling the same for 6 months surely something would of happened. hang in there xx

Meg
11-03-06, 14:25
Yes you would have been checked very regularly during your pregnancy

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

nomorepanic
11-03-06, 14:52
You can walk in our local Lloyds Pharmacy and get a test done there and then. Maybe worth doing it to reassure you.

Nicola

april tones
11-03-06, 15:45
i know, im just scared of the result
its like i know it wouldnt change any thing knowing but id freak out i think! couldnt cope with any more health prbs xx

apriltones

nomorepanic
11-03-06, 15:51
April

The thing is that it can be dangerous if left untreated so you would be better off knowing.

Nicola