PDA

View Full Version : First time today !!!!

myross
21-10-10, 14:35
Hi everybody

After 2 years of being free from the wonderful symptoms of panic attacks, crying all day, shaking etc, I wont go on you know the ones I mean, back they all came about 6 weeks ago and I havent been able to shake them off .
I was on Prozac for 2 years and felt great but my doctor took me off it in May because I was doing so well but said if I started with the old symptoms I had to go back and he would put me on something else as Prozac doesnt really work after 2 years as your body gets used to it.
I was proud of myself that I had conquered this illness , but here I am again battling the same old demons.
I went back to my doctor and he told me I would have to be assesed again by a councillor to see what medication they would put me on , meanwhile he has given me HYDROXYZINE to take before bedtime to calm me down but nothing for the depression till Im assesed in 3 weeks time.
Does this sound familiar to anyone and how have you coped without the medication , maybe if I can find a programme I could maybe try and help myself, I am a resonably fit 65 year old female
Thankyou so much :shrug:

diane07
21-10-10, 14:36
Hi myross

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
21-10-10, 14:56
:welcome:to NMP. You will find comfort and support here.
Veronicax

paula lynne
21-10-10, 15:28
Hi and a warm welcome to you, its nice to know you x:welcome:

myross
22-10-10, 08:04
Thankyou all for your warm welcome , I have found the self help section invaluable and will be trying it out , fingers crossed maybe I can eliminate the use of medication ?????????? :shrug:

Vanilla Sky
22-10-10, 10:54
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x