PDA

View Full Version : my hands are soooooooo sore....

freakedout
11-03-06, 02:00
Help please suggest a cure for my really sore hands. They are dry, cracked and split all over. They have been on and off for months now. It seems pointless using cream because I just have to wash it off, or I just need to wash it off.

I know what you are going to say, stop washing your hands. If only it were that easy.

Oh I am so depressed. If I am not having a panic attack I am in the depths of despairing depression, or obsessing and ruminating about trivial but mind melting things.

I know this is a pointless post because I doubt that there are any cures for my sore hands. I am too negative and just negative about anything and everything. Sorry if I am boring you. If only I could bore myself to death, literally.

Best go, I'm not being or feeling very nice. Stupid cow I know.

Sorry everyone[V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

wendy
11-03-06, 10:05
Hi
Sorry you are not feeling so good
Try using Aqueous Cream instead of soap for your hands,
You are not stupid at all, even though I say the same about myself everyday!
You will get better - It is hard but you can do it!
Take Care
Wendy x

Meg
11-03-06, 11:10
Is there any way that you can get a new tub of cream, put it on and then put on gloves for a bit so you know that you are not getting contaminated and give it a chance to soak in.

Some people can try to wash with gloves on too to protect themselves.

Try www.ocdaction.org or www.stuckinadoorway.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

freakedout
11-03-06, 14:49
Thankyou wendy and meg for having the time and patience for me. The gloves idea might be a good one to try, I assume you mean rubber gloves. I have a nursing background and tend to associate rubber gloves with contaminated things but yes I could give it a go.

I use acqueous cream instead of soap sometimes, have a big tub but it does tend to leave a greasy film for a while. This is the problem, because then I feel I need to wash my hands because they are unclean. I also find it stings the broken areas. Tubs and tubes of cream also have lids and oh no I will not go down that line!!.

Thanks again

nomorepanic
11-03-06, 14:58
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Sorry if I am boring you. If only I could bore myself to death, literally.

Best go, I'm not being or feeling very nice. Stupid cow I know.

Sorry everyone[V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

<div align="right">Originally posted by freakedout - 11 March 2006 : 02:00:24</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

You are not stupid atall so don't think that.

We all have our issues and this is one of yours and you are not alone with it.

Don't despair ok!

Nicola

Meg
11-03-06, 15:34
I was more thinking of a new pair of light cotton gardening gloves rather than surgical or vinyl ones that you would have memories and association from.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

freakedout
11-03-06, 20:02
Meg, ok thanks for that, will try ebay for cotton gloves!!.

Nicola, I wish I could agree but I have that same old lack of self-worth and esteem. I appreciate that I am not the only one with issues. I come to this site to express my thoughts, not often, but when I do I always feel embarrassed and guilty afterwards, like I am being totally self-centred and self-pitying. I am not really like that. At the moment I am not me, I am not sure who the hell I am anymore. Usually I am compassionate, considerate and caring of others. Now I am empty, numb, black, more dead than alive. I dont know where to turn, I have no motivation to phone friends, and to burden my family with my thoughts and feelings is unfair. I do despair and that is why I am here. Just havin a really low time, I keep thinking that I cannot feel any worse but every day seems to prove me wrong.

Having said all that I really do appreciate your replies, even though I sit here crying and feeling so thoroughly guilty and self-centred for posting.

Freakedout

LouD
12-03-06, 23:37
Why don't you try Oilatum oil when you wash your hands, i've got excema and i use this. It's softer than soap and if you need to wash your hands, you're washing it with something that will help the dryness. It's quite expensive to buy though, hope you feel better soon.

LouD

NeonVenus
12-03-06, 23:44
I have the exact same problem due to having emetophobe I constantly wash my hands before making food while making food after it ect...

All I find works even a little bit is slapping alot of cream on and letting it soak in during the night while im sleep...

Sorry for the pain through it I really know how your feeling x

freakedout
13-03-06, 20:48
Thanks LouD and NeonVenus

Have to see my GP this week so will see if he can prescribe something, have got the cotton gloves sorted from ebay and will try the combination at night, in bed. Ha!

Thanks,

Freadkedout:)

t0rt01se36
14-03-06, 11:03
Hi Freakedout.

I can so relate to your post. My hands have been chapped etc since I can remember.

Try Calendula. its a cream in a tube that is supposed to relieve sore skin. I use it unfortunately less than i should. Seems to make my hands feel greasy for a long time. It doesn't get rid of the dryness much, but my hands don't feel sore all the time.

I suffer fromEmetophobia so I also wash my hands alot which makes my hands feel so sore.

My mum bought me some cream once i can't remember the name but my mum was given special white gloves for me to wear.

Hope I've given you some good advice.

Julie