PDA

View Full Version : Hi

CBR600RR
21-10-10, 17:15
Hi, just found the site and getting down to having a good read.......

My anxiety has only come on in the last 6 months and its totally unexplained. After just having another (hopefully) anxiety attack, i thought id give posting here a try.

My Brother died 3 years ago, aged 26, from sudden adult death syndrome, thought to be Long QT. My sister died 2 years ago, aged 34, from a heart attack brought on by paralysis and to finish off my Dad died this year, again a heart attack, thought to be poor diet.

I have been tested and tested again for Long QT and ive been given a clean bill of health. I work as a private security contractor in Afghanistan and all the time im there, i haven't as yet, suffered any anxiety related symptoms. It just seems to be when i get home on leave.

They usually start off with a feeling of my chest tightening, followed by the impending thought im going to have a heart attack and pains etc. My sleep pattern has never been great, but recently its gone down to around 3 hours a night. Following the attacks, im always knackered. I try to convince myself its just a panic/anxiety attack, but can't. They are getting more frequent also, every other day at least.

Well thats me and hopefully i haven't bored you all to death......

nomorepanic
21-10-10, 17:16
Hi CBR600RR

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
21-10-10, 17:18
Hi and welcome to a wonderful supportive site x
What an awful time of it youve had x
My brother in law died od adult cot death in 2000, and my mum died in July x
Youre not alone here x youll make lots of good friends x Nice to meet you x:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Vanilla Sky
21-10-10, 22:30
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x