PDA

View Full Version : electric shock from lampost?

daisycake
21-10-10, 22:19
Weirdest thing, I was trudging along in the rain this aternoon about 3ish and my knuckle banged into a lampost, I heard a weird noise and my knuckle felt a bit funny - I'm not sure if I am misinterpreting simply banging my hand as an electric shock but I'm sure thats what happened, that I got a shock. It freaked me out but I carried on and it's only just now I'm thinking about it - should I phone NHS24 for advice, is it likely to do me any harm just now? Like change my heart rythym or something? I'm a bit too scared to sleep haha.

daisycake
21-10-10, 22:22
I did feel my heart racing a bit an a bit tired after but I'm reckoning that probably had a lot to do with the long walk as well (and the almighty cold I have just now!).. I had an ectopic beat at around 8ish too?

baileys
21-10-10, 22:34
You will be fine. Probably a static shock. I wouldnt imagine that you could get a electrical shock from a lamp post. Relax:)

Nigel
21-10-10, 23:34
Hi Daisycake,

You’ve got a thing about electric shocks! :w00t2::winks:

I don’t think you get static from lampposts, and if it was a real shock I don’t think you’d have any doubts about it! And anyway, it would effect the person at the time – not 6+ hours later.

Your hand probably just tingled a bit because you just whacked it against a lampposts, that’s all :winks:

Take care,
Nigel

daybyday
21-10-10, 23:57
You are ok Daisy. Don't worry. When you knocked your hand it may have been like when we hit our elbow, and call it the funny bone. Like an shock sensation along the nerves. Don't worry.