PDA

View Full Version : day 10 of citalopram

jen1983
22-10-10, 10:11
Hi all

Just thought i would let you know that tonight will be my 10th night of taking citlopram 10mg...... to be honest with you i have had two good days out of it and thats all, and now i feel back to square one, very anxious and tearful all day long, and too frightened to go anywhere, i feel like i am going backwards not forwards..... is this supposed to happen??? when will i get better and when shall i up my tabs to 20mg

xxx

sammi
22-10-10, 10:29
Its normal to feel worse before you see some effect from the meds. Hang in there hunni. When I was in cit it took a good 5 6 weeks to see some difference but everyones different. And remember I'm in this with you I'm on my 8th tablet of cipralex tonight and still don't see any difference yet. We will get through this together xx

Carly Lou
22-10-10, 10:33
hey Honey.... i think you have 2 choices really, try and stick with it and maybe try and up it 20mg or..... try a different type of med... i know some people on here that cit has worked really well for them, but others who felt no different and actually were a bit worse.
there is lots of other meds that you can try... or you can try what i did... the first time i tried sertraline it made me 100 times worse i was a complete state sweating shaking etc and anxiety was awful, so doc gave me miniscule diaz to take with it... to lessen the side effects, it seems to be working, i think, i hope... or there is something else called benzos ??
the diaz is a very small dose and you know im cutting it into 4 pieces as i have little one to look after so dont want to feel sleepy, diaz is a calmer... xxx
maybe speak to your doc and see what he/she says.... i was the same i wanted to try and get better just on the meds but i really needed that extra bit of help to get through the side effects... wouldnt be so bad if we were sat at home alone to just sleep all day til we felt better, but thats not the case as we have little ones to look after xxx

love carls xxx

kate
22-10-10, 10:36
My daughter has been on 10mg for a month now and hasn't really noticed much difference in her symptoms.

She went to the docs yesterday and it has been upped to 20mg so will see how she gets on.

You haven't really been on it long enough to see a difference but, if you are worried, I would go back and see your GP :)

Kate

Vixxy
22-10-10, 10:41
You'll get increased anxiety/depression when you first start taking an AD. Keep taking that dose eventually you'll stabilise and you'll get the benefits.
The positive effects can take up to 6 weeks to really appear.
From my own experience, the first 2 weeks are usually the worst. Then it slowly drops until after a month you'll be feeling better.

Garnie
22-10-10, 11:45
Im on Citalpram. Iv been taking it for 2 days and to be honest i dont want to take them. Im on 20mg and i hated the feeling so much i decided to try yesterday half a tab instead of the full. This morning i got up and I didnt have those scary thoughts i had been getting for the past 4 weeks. I did feel a little anxious so i tryed a meditation video on youtube. Now i feel tired but more rational. However i am now worrying about the past 4 days and how stupid i must have looked. (not to mention a little crazy) and of course finding another job yet again.