PDA

View Full Version : Good news following the HR meeting

BunnyMazonas
22-10-10, 15:23
I had my meeting with HR today and am feeling much better after it. I took in a friend and work colleague who turned out to be a great choice. She's had a history of anxiety, depression and self harm and is one of those people who managed to free themselves of it almost entirely, so she knew exactly what I was going through and what I meant when I said things. She was also able to be rational and a bit braver than me in saying things she knew I was concerned about but didn't feel able to say.

The letter from work to my GP was fine actually; it was easy to see what questions the GP was concerned about but I will talk to the GP about it when I see them later today. Work have confirmed they are getting a budget together to give me more counselling, and we agreed that they will ask my counsellor for advice regarding how best to set up an escape route for me if I feel urges or have an attack. They are going to abide by whatever advice my GP gives, within reason, and have agreed to check out Mind and other places I recommended so they can get a better understanding of what I am going through.

They've also agreed to some reasonable adjustments to my work on a temporary basis. I was nervous about asking since my department is so busy, but my friend made SURE I did!

Phew! http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/images/smilies/indifferent.gif

I feel kinda numb and overwhelmed now, but I'm okay.

paula lynne
22-10-10, 15:40
Well done you for facing it, getting through it, and surviving! A great positive step for you. All the best x:D

paulst
22-10-10, 16:29
Well done for getting through it, im glad the meeting went well:D.

ditzygirl
22-10-10, 16:31
That is absolutely brilliant news- how reassuring that they are listening, it's exactly how it should be handled.

My experience was totally out of order but I had a boss who was totally ignorant to Panic.

Well done for today and what a fab friend you have.

Thank you for letting us know - i was thinking about you earlier.

Have a fab weekend and keep us updatedx

Nigel
22-10-10, 21:28
Hi Bunny,

That’s excellent news :yesyes:
Sounds like they’re finally listening and taking you seriously.

Good luck :)
Nigel

ljd
22-10-10, 21:38
thats great your getting loads of support take up the offers and make the most of it good for you for going to the meeting tc

blueangel
24-10-10, 19:19
Hurrah!

That sounds like a good initial outcome, so keep us posted.