PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Ovarian Cancer - Please Read x

StillyKat
22-10-10, 16:48
Hi all,

Okay so I have been experiencing for about 2/3 years stomach problems like constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, heartbearn, stomach cramps, bloating, wind etc. I have had numerous blood tests, cervical smear, ultrasound on abdomen, inner ultrasound, laparoscopy which all came back clear. But I read that Ovarian Cancer can be a silent killer and very very hard to detect! So obviously now I am so worried about having it. I would go to my doctor but it is closed on weekend, but im absolutely terrified that I have it. To top it off over the past few days I have been having lower back pain.

Does anyone else have this fear, or at least have the symptoms that I am having....

Thanks so much x

rosebud
22-10-10, 16:55
I have all the same symptoms as you and have been told i have IBS but at the back of my mind i'me worried its something more serious. Know how you feel xxx

Aussie11
22-10-10, 17:22
These symptoms definitely sound like ibs to me. I've had the same symptoms this year and had every scan practically possible too and they found nothing. They have said I have ibs though now. As you have had all the scans I'm sure if there was anything nasty to cause these symptoms they would have found it.

kitn77
22-10-10, 20:29
I understand what you are going through, I fear Ovarian cancer ALL the time as I have IBS and the symptoms are very similar. The thing I think I need to recognise with me is what is usual IBS symptoms and what are not. It seems like you have had all the regular tests and they have found nothing. If they have found nothing there is nothing bad going on. Sounds like IBS. Try to relax (hard I know) because anxiety and stress really do bring on the symptoms you say. I know because I deal with this a lot. Try some chamomile tea or peppermint tea and get your mind on a hobby or something more fun. Hope you feel better soon and try to be reassured you have had ALL the tests and nothing was found

missykat
22-10-10, 20:59
hey. im going thru the same thing at the mo and i too grew concerned with ovarian cancer! i have bloating cramps and wind :( seems to lessen tho if i limit white bread etc. got told it was ibs when i was pregnant last year. but seems the last few weeks its not subsiding :( i know its nothing sinister really but u just can't help but worry and think. i know exactly how u feel. bearing in mind its extremely rare for women under 55

baileys
22-10-10, 21:34
OC can be quite hard to detect before youve had all the tests but you have had every procedure going to prove that youve not got it.