PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to miss vitamins for 1 day?

Eggy
22-10-10, 17:22
I have ran out of vitamins and can't get any until tomorrow does it matter if you miss 1 day?

How long do vitamins take to have some kind of effect? I have been taking them for 2 and a half weeks.

mumble
22-10-10, 17:42
Of course it's fine. They're just vitamins. I have taken multivitamins, vitamin c, b12, zinc and echinacea and Spatone iron for years. Along with evening primrose oil and various other supplements. I have had periods where I have been unable to take some/all of them. It doesn't make a grand difference - they are not medications.

Eggy
22-10-10, 17:58
What i was thinking of is for them to work don't you need to take them everyday.

mumble
22-10-10, 18:03
Skipping a few vitamins for a day or so isn't going to make a difference, don't worry. They're just to supplement the body, they do not treat the body as such. Most people get vitamins and minerals via their diet already remember. For example, I am currently not getting them via my food as I am only having a bowl of porridge a day.

Eggy
22-10-10, 18:11
I don't get them via my diet as i probably eat too much junk :roflmao:

suzy-sue
22-10-10, 18:53
Mutivitamins are no subsitute for a healthy diet .You are what you eat ..:lac:.General well being is having healthy mind body and soul .They are part of the same machine .Youd feel better mentally if you ate healthier ,excercised and did something constructive with you time .:yesyes:.Sue

Vixxy
22-10-10, 19:10
It wont make a jot of difference. Your body will have its reserves built up ready for when it doesnt get a fresh supply.
I agree with Sue though. You suffer from poor health, regardless of it being anxiety, MND or w/e you think it is. If you eat healthily then you will start to feel better. Your body needs healthy food to fuel and heal itself. If youre feeding it crap then you can only expect to feel like crap.

Dahlia
22-10-10, 19:18
I agree, it won't make any difference missing one day. It can take around 3 months to feel any benefit, apparently. I've usually forgotten to take them at all by that point lol.