PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

DebbieDoo
22-10-10, 20:11
Im currently to take Diazepam and and when needed - dont take it during the day as im at work and dont want to be woozy, they are great at night though only 2mg and doc said can take two when it gets bad - she has put them on repeat prescription for me :yesyes: hope they help you all too x

swany606
28-10-10, 18:19
I was started on diazepam the same way but became dependant on them, at one point i was taking about 50mg per day !!, i've managed to get it down to 19mg per day and it takes ages to get off them, so just be carefull, they do help but don't use them to much, they are addictive !!

Geoff2301
28-10-10, 18:58
I'd be very careful with those.... from what I understand, they're not supposed to be taken for more than a few weeks and really are meant as an emergency measure to tide you over a bad patch..... not on repeat prescription!! They are very helpful in the short term but not a longterm solution.

Jaco45er
28-10-10, 19:08
Got to agee with Geoff here. Don't pop them because they chill you with ease. If you don't need them at work, you sure you need them ? Be disciplined and only take them when you really need them :)

BubbleBonce
28-10-10, 23:01
Hi Debbie,

I'm sure these do work for you. Trouble is, like the others have said they are addictive. Once you've been on them a while regularly you won't beable to stop taking them and your anxiety can get worse.

Please only use them for emergencies. I'm really surprised your doc put them on repeat. Mine would never do that.

Bubble

Margaretanne
29-10-10, 00:05
Hi, I took Ativan for over 30 years and had to come off. I changed to Diazapam and I went through a 6 years torture of getting off them so please, please be careful.

Margaret

DebbieDoo
23-12-10, 19:43
thank you for your input pps hmmm ive not had them on repeat prescription but i just get em as and when needed dont take them every day as like so many people dont wanna get hooked on em but they do help in emergencies:yesyes: sometimes i wish it would it would all go away - why do you have to take meds to feel normal its a bummer! But hey ho thats life i suppose gotta take the rough with the smooth :wacko: x

heavenly
24-12-10, 10:03
I have a few 2mg Diaz for emergencies, I haven't taken one for over 2 months but I like to have them in just in case.

jonny
03-01-11, 17:34
I have a few 2mg Diaz for emergencies, I haven't taken one for over 2 months but I like to have them in just in case.

Snap.
Last dose was in March to get me on a plane to Berlin and before that in Jan to get me on a Ski lift in a near white out.

Two or three times a year is great as the drug remains effective in smaller doses and allows me to do normal things.

mr badger
07-01-11, 12:01
The key to preventing dependence is to not take them every day.

It's te same with sleeping tabs.

I'm still taking 2md diaz every so often but it's early days for me. Can go 3 days without. Only having a sleeper about once a week.