PDA

View Full Version : really worried now!!!!!!

zoe-22
22-10-10, 21:57
for about 6 weeks i have had a really achy but not painful left arm i have been to the doctors but he tell me it anxiety but i dont really feel that anxious, is it possible for anxiety to be like this, it every day all day from the moment i wake up to when i go to sleep, i get the odd pain in the top left of my chest just under collarbone. could it be muscle tension or something else. i have really bad HA over my heart and im worried it could be a warning sign but i have had ecgs and bloods all are normal im so scared right now, any advice would be really appreciated thank you
zoe x

sammi
22-10-10, 22:02
First of all I'm so glad iv found someone with the same problem I have this constantly I've been up to a&e so many times thinking it was my heart. My heart is my biggest fear. I get exactly what you get I've had tons of ecgs and even begged my doc to send me to a cardiologist who ran tests and told me my heart is fine. Secondly I know its hard but try not to be scared my gp tells me its anxiety too. Xx

debs71
22-10-10, 22:19
Do you think maybe your are unknowingly holding yourself quite tensely and this is causing the pains as sometimes this can happen when we are anxious without us even being aware of it?

I had the exact same some weeks ago for about a week or two and was worried it could be cardiac as I also had pain in my left arm radiating up to my shoulder blade. I applied a heat pack for some time and it calmed it down and also once my anxiety came a bit more under control it went completely.

The body is a pain in the bum when we are anxious and does all kind of weird things!

Try not to worry hun.xx

sammi
22-10-10, 22:22
Debs do you think my heart is fine having all the tests from a cardiologist. I get chest pain my left arm aches constantly. Heart or anxiety xx

PokerFace
22-10-10, 22:27
My left arms ached pretty much constantly for 7 months and I'm still here, it's been aching quite badly all night to be honest! Yea sammi, after all those tests you can be sure your heart is fine. I've only had a few ECGs and the doctors adamant my heart is perfectly fine! xx

debs71
22-10-10, 22:30
Yeh, I would agree with Emma Sammi.

I think after cardiology tests they will have ruled out a heart cause. It is just much more likely anxiety. Loads of us anxious peeps have had those pains in the chest and arm and it would be a big coincidence I think if it wasn't anxiety! xxxxx

Ambers
22-10-10, 22:51
I am an expert on a numb/achy/heavy arm (mine was on the left hand side, but very occassioningly it changed to both arms). Mine was like it for a couple of years (think about three in total), I was in and out of the doctors, I had every test going; ME, MS, brain scans, heart scans. I can almost 'say' that if you are suffering from some sort of stress related illnes then this is a sympton. I walked into A&E one day in tears believing I was dying - they sent me home saying it wasn't an emergercy... that day I walked out crying my eyes out, thinking ok, I am going to dye - so just get on with it. Since that day it got better! I still get it from time to time but I now accept it is a part of my stress related illness. A couple of years after this day, I was actually diagnosed with 'Post Traumatic Stress'... if the medical services had recognised that earlier it would have saved me alot of sleepless nights. Please try to accept that this is apart of your anxiety and it will get better eventually. x

dodo
23-10-10, 14:39
I think for sure you're holding yourself tense and trapping a nerve in your shoulder which is going down your arm. I can say so because this has happened to me. Because my concerns were centrered around my heart I would always unknowingly tense just my left side and it caused no end of problems which took ages to sort out. Pains up my arm, down my arm, in my hands, my left shoulder stuck , etc etc.

zoe-22
26-10-10, 13:29
thank you every one you have made me feel alot better about it it just nicfe to now im not the only one thank you again
zoe x