PDA

View Full Version : 6 months of recurring ear and throat pain

j2
23-10-10, 05:37
Hi Everyone. I am a long time sufferer of HA. I am 39 and a frequent tobacco user. I have GERD and IBS. I also have had issues with my sinuses and throat in the last 5 or 6 years. I have had polyps removed twice from my sinuses and had my tonsils out as an adult. For the last 6 months or so I have had recurring, not constant but several times a week pain in my left ear and a feeling like something is stuck in my throat. I have occasional ringing in that ear too. The whole left side of my head will feel sore sometimes. My neck will be sore but I think that that is from me being tense all the time. I keep telling myself this is probably sinus related and made worse by my anxiety but it won't go away and I am really worried. I can't afford a trip to the doctor since I am already in debt to them. I keep telling myself that if it was cancer the pain would be constant and that I would be coughing up blood or something like that. I just have that fear that only you guys can relate to. That feeling that this time it is for real and I am screwed. Some kinds words of reassurrance would be much appreciated. Take care all of you and I hope we all find peace some day.

J2

sugarplums
23-10-10, 09:40
hiya J2 , i have similar symptoms with re- occuring ear infections. I used to worry if it was something dreadful like cancer or a tumour or something. In the past the doctors have given me antibiotics, but then a few months later.. i would have another ear infection, and it would always be my left ear , so the doctor told me to use olive oil down the ear and to take ibrophen as it is an anti inflamatry pain relief, which helps the infection. This has helped a bit with me.
I hope this helps you too.
I hope you feel better soon x

JaneC
23-10-10, 09:49
I'm sure this is more annoying than serious j2, and that it's a sinus issue. I suffer too (also a smoker) and my husband (not a smoker) has constant ear and sinus probs. Try not to worry and it might be worth trying inhaling steam from menthol crystals x