PDA

View Full Version : post nasal drip/ cattarrah

California Girl
23-10-10, 15:00
hi guys, i seem to be having a problem with cattarah in my throat and post nasal drip. i was wondering can cattrah in your throat cause the feeling of food getting stuck in your throat? i'm having a right panic about it which is making me anxious.
does anyone know how to get rid of it? ive got some sudafed today so hopefully these will help.
thanks all x

California Girl
24-10-10, 00:02
bump x

California Girl
24-10-10, 00:57
anyone? :(

daybyday
24-10-10, 01:30
Can't really say as I don't fully understand about the bump problem.

allergyphobia
24-10-10, 01:41
hi, i have really bad PND and mucus in my throat as i have chronic rhinitis. PND can often make you feel as though you are choking, and usually gets worse for me after eating. It has made eating a challenge for me in the past and present as really gets my anxiety up thinking there is something in my throat, and sometimes i can't bring anything up.

miss_moose
25-10-10, 00:11
Catarrh is awful, i dread getting a cold because i get it awful. I have tried and tested some remedies though.

Hot tea helps, you need something hot to kind of melt it and loosen it so when i have bad catarh i live off tea.

I cant say i notice a difference but Apple is meant to be good for cutting straight through it too, i only had apple juice, but maybe if you try an actual apple.

I had Sudafed medicine which i thought was great but my doctor told me not to take it because its only short term and can make you worse, so maybe do some internet research before you try that.

There are also catarrh pastilles which you can buy from supermarkets, boots and chemists