PDA

View Full Version : Painful Ectopics?

PokerFace
23-10-10, 17:45
Has anyone ever had an ectopic/missed beat thats actually really painful? I was jus lyin on the bed at my friends house while she was in kitchen makin our dinner and I got a REALLY massive missed beat that REALLY hurt. The bang in the middle of my chest was so painful I was shaking afterwards. I started to get all hot almost instantly and started cryin cuz it scared me so much! I don't know if this is normal or not, I've had ECGs and everythings come back fine and the doctor said normal people ignore things like this..how can you ignore something like that?! =/ x

PokerFace
25-10-10, 22:13
Well obviously no one else has ever had this so I went docs today, he didnt seem concerned at all so I'm not really. =/ jus told me I can't expect things to just vanish and that I'm gonna be ok. BP was 120/90 and heart rate 76bpm idk if thats good or not though!.

MidnightCalm
25-10-10, 22:19
Yeah that's good :) My heart rate is never usually below 80 and is usually around the 95 mark.

PokerFace
25-10-10, 23:26
Neithers mine usually! I usually sit round 88bpm relaxed and usually I'm so panicky at Drs I shoot up into the 100s he always jokes sayin I must be so excited to see him! Think it's the propranolol but idk a thing bout blood pressure 2bh! x

Anxious_gal
30-10-10, 07:48
76 bpm is good!!! Mine was 120 n over for a week straight, i kept having to have ecgs. Have u tried the 24 hour. Halter monitir??
Sometimes i get a tight feelin under my breast always in the same place. I get aches but never a bad pain.

PokerFace
30-10-10, 17:45
My doctors never offered me any heart tests, just propranolol. I've been to see him 3 times since my health anxiety started and everytime it's been very quick because he can see being there stresses me lol. ;(

He's just told me I'm anxious and I need to give my tablets a chance to work and that he'll reveiw it in 3-6 months! I guess if he thought there was anything wrong he would have sent me for more tests. x

Blueeyed87
03-11-10, 14:05
hey pokerface,
just came back from the hospital because I had a painful ectopic beat... was so scary and like a squeezy pain.. anyways ambos sprayed stuff in my mouth cuz they thought it was cardiac distress big mistake dr says heart is fine and this spray stuff dropped my bp significantly and screwed up my rythm had to stay in hospital til I was fine got bloods taken n ecgs dr says he can c nothing wrong just I'm tachycardic, lying in bed right now and feels like my chest is vibrating... just wondering if u ever get palps ectopics when u breath in deeply/ sharply
btw your stats sound very healthy :)

ectopicsufferer
03-11-10, 21:40
hi

i have never experienced a painful ectopic beat yet but i do get the ectopics daily - a while back they didnt occur every day but now they do and i am kinda used to them being on 40mg of citalopram probably helps and i am going thru major stress in life at the moment ( verge of bankruptcy and eviction ) - one thing i am getting more of at the moment and it is panicking me a bit is a constant fast beat/flutter in my chest that lasts for a few seconds, i had one earlier today and i actually sat there and said to my heart ( stupid i know ) - ok calm down, ok calm down, hello calm down and finally it did, i didnt experience any other sensation anywhere else ie arms and there was no pain, lol it shows how long it went on for when i was able to think of all these things whilst it was happening, bottom line tho it is making me nervy i just need to know if it something other people experience.

PokerFace
04-11-10, 03:55
Yea blueeyed, if I take a deep breath I'll pretty much ALWYAS get them lol! Thought was only me. When they're painful OMG they're painful arnt they? I would have ended up in A+E but I was at my friends house and didn't wanna freak her out lol.

ectopicssuffer, I know exactly the kind of flutter you're on about, I had one Monday mornin! Lasted about 3 seconds but was the longest 3 seconds of my life. Kind of felt like my heart was actually convulsing? ;s I hate all this heart stuff, really do! x

Typer
18-11-10, 23:24
I have read that they are sometimes painful. As its the vagus nerve, I would think it may cause a sort of sharp electric shock feeling. Ask RLR he will explain what that is:

Dont forget to visit RLR's site. Its down right now though...it does that now and then

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

PokerFace
19-11-10, 00:22
Thank you Typer x

PokerFace
10-12-10, 11:13
I've noticed a few threads about painful ectopics since I posted this one so thought I'd share the explination RLR so very kindly gave me to why they sometimes hurt!

Hopefully this will reassure many as it has done me! For new people that might not know this, RLR is a retired MD who helps a lot of people on NMP so you can trust him 100%

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1290563361

(His answer is near the bottom)

xx