PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety BACK, need advice please!

MrBlue
23-10-10, 20:54
Well over the past few weeks-month, my anxiety has almost gone, I stopped googling and posting on here for a while and seemed to help me a lot and I feel confident I can do things without feeling anxious/on edge/sick/faint etc. However, I am REALLY worried about getting a haircut!! WHY!! I keep wanting to book one as my hair is far too long as I never got one during my anxiety period for obvious reasons but now I really need one and just can't bring myself to do it, I worry that I'll feel the faint feelings and be sick and just have an all round panic attack!

Any advice as to what you guys have done in the past about this?

MrBlue
23-10-10, 22:14
ok

nomorepanic
23-10-10, 22:45
I get a hairdresser to cut my hair at home as I hate hairdresser's salons

MrBlue
23-10-10, 22:58
thanks, good idea, are they more expensive? easy to come across? and are they as good as a salon?

Maj
23-10-10, 23:02
Think they can actually be cheaper? You'll get a number in your local newspaper. What I would say though is that you're suffering from a case of the "what if's..........". Just doing this instantly winds yourself up. Thinking what if I faint, what if this happens, what if that happens. If you practise acceptance then you can go to the hairdresser. Accept you'll be anxious, accept that your imagination will run riot, but also accept that you'll be so proud of yourself afterwards. You can do it. x

Electric_Worry
23-10-10, 23:11
Listen to Maj. She's great. ;)

nomorepanic
23-10-10, 23:14
They are much cheaper and you can usually find one in the local paper or maybe a shop window etc.

I have been with mine for over 6 years now

belgarion
23-10-10, 23:25
If I'm honest, I used to hate the hairdressers as a child and through my teens stillfelt uncomfortable. I can't explain it as I've not really thought about it much but when I was having anxiety issues I didn't like anything that would make mr feel trapped, and sitting in the chair with that cloth tied round my neck was very claustrophobic! Never let it stop you though. Just get your hair done and think about how easy it was afterwards and how much fresher the cold air feels on your head! :)