PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new and about to go on Cit

flubby
23-10-10, 23:57
Howdy All!

Just wanna say what a great website! I've been lurking around doing a lot of reading for the past few weeks, but I thought it was about time to sign up and say HI :)

I've been suffering from bad anxiety/depression since a bad series of events at the start of the year.

Only meds I've been taking so far is propanonol, which has been good for some of the physical symptoms but now my doc and I agree that it might be worth giving Citalopram a try.

The thing is she told me to stop taking the propanonol for a week before going on the Cit. It's been 3 days since I stopped taking the prop and my anxiety has rocketed back to how I felt at the start of the year! My heart is beating crazy fast, I can't sleep, mind feels like it's on loop, it's really hard to concentrate on anything outside of how I'm feeling, no motivation :weep:

Does 20mg of prop really interact with cit? Now I'm freaking about how much more the anxiety is going to come on when I first go on the cit - I can't bear much more than what I have right now!

I felt like I was making a slow and gradual improvement over the last few months now I just feel like I'm back at square one...

Sorry to go on, but at least I know that you guys know how I feel :winks:

paula lynne
23-10-10, 23:59
Hi Flubby, welcome aboard! x nice to meet you x:welcome:

nomorepanic
23-10-10, 23:59
Hi flubby

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
24-10-10, 19:58
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x