PDA

View Full Version : hi guys

gavnic
24-10-10, 20:35
ji,my name is gavin and im an addict.i was addicted to heroin for 20 years and ive been clean for 6 years.i started getting panic attacks when i was about 14(im 33 now),they started because i had a very unhealthy fear of dying! and thinking about it started off the panic attacks.i eventually got over my fear and the attacks stoped,but when i started to get clean from heroin they started again just for no reason,what i mean is i had no worrys i could put it down too.i went to the doctors and he prescribed me diazepam and i was soon hooked.i take 25ml a day and they keep the panic attacks at bay(most of the time).so thats my story.it would be great if i could get some feedback on my situation especially by anyone who has been through the same as me.thankyou for reading:yesyes:

paula lynne
24-10-10, 20:37
Hi Gavin and welcome aboard x:welcome:

diane07
24-10-10, 20:37
Hi gavnic

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ANG3LIC
14-05-12, 02:40
hi, ive sent you a pm, firstly i think your very courageous, n honest. i can relate to some you've said.. would love to talk more to you xx i see its been a while since you were here, i hope your ok n doing good xxx :hugs: xxx

Valid and Not in Use
14-05-12, 05:14
Hi Gavin, glad you are in a better place and in time with some other turns in life, maybe some cognitive counseling and so on (I don't mean to sound officious, I don't know, just a thought!) you will be able to wean off the Valium and get past this bit. You are brave and doing well it looks to me! Hang in there and thanks for writing.

Valid