PDA

View Full Version : wooshing sound in the ear =/

daisycake
24-10-10, 22:08
Is it normal? I can hear like the wind in my ear, it's so annoying, it feels funny too, I poked a cotton bud down it last night so it cant be wax? I've been coughing for days though and I'm scared that's led to a blood clot which will soon burst.. I've been sneezing too, and a runny nose/blocked nose, I'm dead worried now. It's worse when I bend over or go to the loo lol.

bottleblond
24-10-10, 22:26
Hi Daisy

By the sound of what you are discribing, you have a bit of a cold. I always get the ear woooshing when i have a cold. Remember the ear, nose and throat are all connected so if you are a tad bunged up then chances are it could effect your ears too.

P.s you're not supposed to shove cotten buds down your ears as the push the wax deeper. I used to do this religiously and got told off from my doctor. lol

Lisa
xx

supersezza
24-10-10, 22:32
yes i get that sometimes, i think it's just when i'm tired and run down...like i can almost force it to happen as well it's weird!

Dizz
24-10-10, 22:41
Hiya. Yep I get that a lot too whenever I have a bit of a cold. Nothing at all to worry about it's just your ears being a bit bunged up and sometimes a simple cold can play tricks on your ears. It's that time of the year again and there are loads of colds going round. Like already said don't stick cotton wool buds in your ears though.... I did that a couple of months ago and was 'deaf' in one ear for two weeks as it pushed the ear wax down into my ear. Rather embarrasing as I'd caused it by my own daftness and I had to have it syringed in the end :blush:

Try massaging your ear with warn olive oil (DONT PUT IT IN YOUR EAR !!) just rub the back of the ear at the bottom where it joins your head. Feels lovely