PDA

View Full Version : feeling panicky(ALCOHOL

burberrygirl72
24-10-10, 22:39
Had a few too many drinks last night at a friends party and today im feeling really panicky tummy churning very emotional and bit scared to go out on my own is this normal after a few too many drinks iv been on citalopram 50mg for nearly yr and ive gone from bein agrophobic to goin out on my own and evan thinking of goin back to work is it tht the meds have stopped working or do u think it may be the alcohol pls help im so worried but all i no is i wont be drinking again

ladybird64
24-10-10, 22:47
Fairly certain it's the alcohol that's made you feel this way, folks that take Citalopram are advised not to drink.

Try not to let it get you too worked up, be reassured that it was caused by the drink and give yourself a couple of days to feel better.

most important thing-don't panic about it or the heightened anxiety will make you feel worse. :)

anaconda
25-10-10, 00:33
Yes i agree with the above, I reckon its definitely the booze, and its not unusual. I was feeling it earlier today too after a heavy night. Its the first time in ages ive been drunk and I was fidgety, very anxious and sweaty.

I find that drinking loads of water helps. This will pass so try to relax.

Restored Rachel
25-10-10, 03:31
Had a few too many drinks last night at a friends party and today im feeling really panicky tummy churning very emotional and bit scared to go out on my own is this normal after a few too many drinks iv been on citalopram 50mg for nearly yr and ive gone from bein agrophobic to goin out on my own and evan thinking of goin back to work is it tht the meds have stopped working or do u think it may be the alcohol pls help im so worried but all i no is i wont be drinking again

hi, I have alot of experience when it comes to drinking, I loved drinking because it made me feel normal and not so panicky, but the aftermath of the intake of alot of alcohol could really mess up your body, i've been through it quite alot. I'm a recovering alocohlic. Been medically detoxed 3 times so I know what your feeling, plus when your on medications that say your not suppose to drink on them you really shouldn't so if you what to still drink stop taking that medication. I hope you feel better and never have to experience the way I have felt due to alcohol.