PDA

View Full Version : Racing heart when trying to sleep after alcohol

traciec39
25-10-10, 00:20
Does anyone get this? I can fall off to sleep real easy but the racing heart wakes me, this happens a few times through the night but only ever after a eve of drinking.
Thanks xxx

PokerFace
25-10-10, 00:45
Oh my GOD. I had this really bad Saturday mornin cuz I drank like a litre of vodka all to myself, it sent me into a massive panic cuz it was goin so SO fast which made it even faster and I was wasted which made it all 10 times worse, seriously, I'm never gonna do it EVER agen. Took my heart a whole day to chill out and I'm still feelin a bit funny now with chest pains and stuff cuz I got so wound up.

In short, totally normal for your heart rate to go up after alcohol. Try to ignore it and get some sleep will be fine tomorrow! x

Meewah
28-10-10, 23:12
Yes, I get this!!!! I noticed it in 2004 onwards. To the point that I have given up drinking. I get really uncomfortable if I have one or two drinks. If i have a skin full I seem OK. It sends me in to a panic. OK as having HA I feel that I should always be always listening to my symptoms and so drinking alcohol is like taking time off from this self protective monitoring, so I just cant afford to take time off so I feel I should always be on guard of my body symptoms. I now feel that if I have a drink my body panics that something could happen while under the influence of alcohol and so it ups my heart rate etc..

Hope this makes sense?

Mee