PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks back again

laurie
05-03-04, 07:35
Hi everyone I first has a panic attack 10 years ago. It took me 5 years to overcome them without medication or professional help.I returned to work and have led a very active life since, untill last week.
I had been unwell and my Doctor subscribed me some anti-biotics which I had an alergic reaction to. Since then my panic attacks have come back, I am determined to beat this again and I dont want it to take 5 years again!!!
My Doctor has arranged for me to see a councillor but thats not for another 3 weeks or so, so I have arranged to have some alternative tharapy I am seeing her on Monday with the hope of having some Hypnotherapy.
I would be interested to hear if anyone has had sucsessful hypnotherapy.

kate
05-03-04, 08:39
Hiya Laurie,

Welcome to the site!

Have a good look around the site. From the main page, access the hypnotherapy section for information.

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Kate x

Laurie28
05-03-04, 08:56
Hiya Laurie (that feels weird typing taht as it is my name as well!!)

Welcome to the site!!

It's great that you have overcome this before and you can do it again!!

Good luck with the counselling and let us know how you go!!

Lucky

nomorepanic
05-03-04, 19:52
Welcome Laurie

There is a whole post of hypnotherapy from the main message forum page. I tried it and it helped me but I haven't done it for about 2 years now.

Let us know how it goes.

Nicola

Meg
08-03-04, 15:16
Hey Laurie,

Most relapses occur when you get ill - fever - so sweating , racing heart etc or when you get a treatment that doesn't suit you nad those same symptoms occur. It is the fear of the unknown coupled with the bodys reaction .

Get yourself on some Vit B in case you're short of it and just carry on a snormal . Your body will have got out old memories and is replaying them .

You need to ignore these and resist letting your thoughts drift down the ' oh no it's happening again - not another 5 years, can you remember how awful it was.' etc etc

Get out there and enjoy yourself as you have done routinely until recently.

Hypnotherapy will reinforce positive messages and some CBT . It can be a great help .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

laurie
12-03-04, 07:50
Thank you everyone for your comments. I had so Hypnotherapy and it made me feel really good for a few days. I am supposed to be going back to work on Monday, so that will be the ultimate test.

nomorepanic
12-03-04, 20:13
Laurie

Good luck on going back to work and well done for you for going back.

Let us know how it goes.

Nicola

laurie
17-03-04, 19:59
Just to let you know I went back to work on Monday and after a few hours of hell everything seemed to settle down and by lunchtime I felt really good and for once I was glad to be at work!!!!! I did get myself worked up before I went and even gave it second thoughts but I realised if I didnt do it know I would suffer for a long time, im so glad I did.
Thanks for all your support. I f you have anyone who is suffering in the Uxbridge area I would gladly help them.

Laurie

nomorepanic
17-03-04, 21:13
Laurie

Well done to you - bet you are glad you did it now.

What do you think helped - the hypnotherapy?

Nicola

laurie
18-03-04, 18:56
I think it was the hypnotherapy helped me relax and she taught me some good breathing exercises. I will always be on my guard knowing that it can strike at any time.

me
18-03-04, 19:48
hi laurie my name is mary and have been having panics too, i have been trying hypnotherapy for a couple of weeks im not sure what i make of it!! i do feel alot better in myself and when i saw my counsellor today she said she could see a difference in me ,so im going to keep going for a while, i also think the counsellor is a great help, i get to say what ever i want and she really listens without any judgement. i hope all goes well for you . everyone here on the site are so brill, keep in touch x

me
18-03-04, 20:09
laurie its mary again, i just wanted to say a huge thankyou x i just looked at my message thingy bob and saw you had sent me one. its so nice to hear from others who understand thankyou again from mary x