PDA

View Full Version : Feeling wobbly again :-(

Kell
25-10-10, 10:58
It was only last Monday that I started to feel a bit more back on track after my last wobble. I'd been ok all weekend but then had a flush of anxiety whilst at my boyfriends parent's house for a family get together. It's as if a little gremlin says to me "what will happen if you feel anxious?" which causes my anxiety to flare up. I managed to distract myself & get through it but it left me feeling very vulnerable & disheartened.
I'm so weary of all this. I'd been feeling ok for so long and since August it's almost been non-stop ups & downs.
I'd had my tablets increased & I'd thought that these would prevent my anxiety from flaring up & I guess I feel disappointed that this has been proved not to be the case.
Just feeling sorry for myself & looking for some support

Kel
x

allergyphobia
25-10-10, 11:06
Hi Kell

Don't feel disheartened... look how well you have been managing to cope recently, you said it yourself:

I'd been ok all weekend.... I managed to distract myself & get through it...

I would say your little blip over the weekend was from being nervous and also with your recent med change it is bound to unsettle you a bit. Focus on the positives - even though you felt wobbly you managed to get through!! I think you're doing really well.

Everybody has ups and downs and it's not easy at the best of times. But you have to write down when you have got through something like this so you can be proud and see that you are on the road to recovery.

Well done hun and stay strong

x

Kell
25-10-10, 11:22
Thank you.

I've been on my increased dose for 2 weeks now.

I hope that this is just a little blip. Am going to go for a walk at lunchtime & hope that the fresh air & sunshine will do me good.

Kel
x

debs71
25-10-10, 13:07
Oh Kell, don't feel disheartened hun.

Don't dwell on the glitches, just on the great strength you have shown for ages.

I often get these gremilins back too, usually when I have some big event coming up, like a family do, or a holiday, etc. but look what happened....YOU GOT THROUGH IT WHICH IS A VICTORY!

Please feel very pleased with yourself for that, as it means that you are indeed coping, despite the anxiety rearing its head.

Lots of love and big hugs,

Debs.xxxxx:bighug1:

Kell
25-10-10, 13:15
Thanks Debs.

It's difficult to be positive but I'm trying.

I just wish that it would just go away & leave me alone. It's funny how even after all these years of being affected by anxiety that I still struggle. You'd think that you'd become an expert at dealing with it when you've been thorugh it so many times but it just seems that every time it flares up it knocks me for six.

Will go for that walk now

Kel
x

debs71
25-10-10, 13:22
I sometimes feel the same, I think a lot of people do too.

Try to stay bloody minded against it all. I tell myself ' ok, so you are back again, well I've dealt with you before and so I will again' and it really does help.

Don't allow it to beat you hunny. You are coping brilliantly.

lots of love.xxxxx