PDA

View Full Version : My theory on panic

JOHN55
25-10-10, 12:04
A little about myself first.
I am 55 male and have suffered panic on and off my late teenage years, think it began with exam pressure although that is a very long time ago !!
On the outside every one who knows me thinks what a laid back not a care in the world man ?! what a great actor I must be.
The panic itself is the most frightening feeling in the world. You can talk yourself into an attack but cant talk yourself out of it.
Many visits to GP who gave me prozac and eventually I think he knew where I was coming from but this took time - been on the meds for about 10 years on anf off not ashamed to admit this now take one tablet Mon/Wed/Fri.
Thinking there was no reason for the panice=so I took a Diploma in Stress Manangement and set up S/E but could not make it pay as I genuinely felt for my clients and half the time did nt charge.Simple question is the panic caused by you feeling embarrased because you dont want people judging you and making youfeel useless - you feel like you how left your family down and cant cope with friends once you accept physically you are ok trying to push away the panics does eventually become back in your control not easy but you can do it.
This site is brilliant and supportive feel Ive said enough for now but if site Admin will allow I would love to share some case studies with you.
John xx :hugs:

nomorepanic
25-10-10, 18:11
Hi John

That will be fine to share some case studies on here.

Thanks

KK77
25-10-10, 18:32
On the outside every one who knows me thinks what a laid back not a care in the world man ?! what a great actor I must be.

Know the feeling John. I won an Oscar last year...

Look forward to reading your "case studies".

pammy1944
25-10-10, 19:01
i fine i can lessen a panic attack by singing at the top of my voice