PDA

View Full Version : New her

Becky1985
12-03-06, 13:40
My names is Becky, i'm 20 years old and i have 2 children aged 19 months and 17 weeks.
I've suffered from anxiety all my life, i suffer from ocd and cannot leave the house alone, i feel like my children are suffering and i do not want them to grow up like me, i would love to work one day, but just the thought gives me a panic attack!
I hope to get to know you all better

Alexandra
12-03-06, 13:49
Hi Becky

Welcome to the forum.

You are not alone hun, i to cannot leave the house & go to far without my someone with me.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

skye338
12-03-06, 13:53
Hi Becky

Welcome hun...I know how you feel as I cant go very far from the house without someone with me.
Your not alone...hope the site helps you to know that.
Jx

FRANKIEISBACK
12-03-06, 14:11
Hiya

there is lots of useful information on this site, everyone is very helpful

nomorepanic
12-03-06, 15:01
Hi Becky

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have you had any help with your problems atall?

Nicola

Karen
12-03-06, 15:10
Hi Becky

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

trac67
12-03-06, 16:09
Hi Becky,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

wendy
12-03-06, 16:19
Hi Becky
Welcome to the site, Everyone here is great!
Wendy x

sueiamnew
12-03-06, 16:39
Hi Becky and welcome to the site.

Becky1985
12-03-06, 21:34
Thanks for your messages, i was taking medication and seeing a cpn but when i fell pregnant they took me of medicartion, i saw a doctor at the end of last year and he's said there was nothing wrong with me and no reason why i can't go out to work! It took me alot of effort to go there and i don't feel like going back now, i feel as if i'm wasting there time

sal
12-03-06, 22:04
Hi Becky we will help you all we can and you are not alone at all in how you feel. It will get better trust me and you are doing a great job as it is with 2 young children.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Jodieg
13-03-06, 15:05
Hi Becky,

Dont feel as though you are wasting the doctors time, thats what they are paid to do. The problem is, some doctors are ignorant of this whole anxiety thing and dont know a lot about it, so they dont know where to start, and thats why they can sometimes appear as though they are fed up with you, but definately dont worry.

If you feel your doc is unsympathetic, try to change to another doctor.

I wish you the best of luck, you will get loads of support here
Take care
Love Jodie xx

Robertc160882
13-03-06, 15:35
Hi Becky,

Welcome to the forum I’m sure you will find lots of support on this site.

Robert

Two heads
13-03-06, 15:52
Hi becky!I only joined the forium last week,it really does seem to help to no you are not alone.I myself have asix year old and a nine month old so i really do no how you feel.I have only been suffering with this since december and it just seems to get worse.At the moment as i type my brain is trying to win over me,its like living with two people in your head!One is positive and one negative, butmost of the time the negative wins.If you need to chat im hear!xxx

Meg
13-03-06, 18:09
Hello Becky,

Welcome to the site. Hope you can get comfort here and get some encouragement to move forward with your limitations.

For your ocd do also check out www.ocdaction.org or www.stuckinadoorway.com

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

sal
13-03-06, 23:24
Hi Becky how are you?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

clickaway
13-03-06, 23:45
Hi Becky,

Welcome to the forum.

GP's are not really trained in dealing with anxiety, although they can refer you on to someone who does. But you have to ask for this!

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Paddington
14-03-06, 12:01
hi Becky and welcome.I am so glad youfound this site!tou are now NOT ALONE with your anxieties and fears!As for your dr,CHANGE HIM/HER!Or at least ask for a referal,they do not understand some of them,but reading on here the kind of help that some dr's offer i am disgisted by the ones who offer nothing[mine included!]so we are all here to support each other,i wish i'd known about this place sooner!take care,you are doing a brilliant job lookin after your babies WELL DONE love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore