PDA

View Full Version : panic more in autumn/winter

sunshine1984
26-10-10, 09:49
Hi im just wondering if anyone else has stared to feel more tired, anxious and panicy?

Im hoping its not just me and its just this time of year......:)

xx

allergyphobia
26-10-10, 09:57
hi sunshine, lovely name for this time of year!

i very much get more anxious and lower mood in the winter, and a lot more nervous in the dark. my anxiety stems from eating and i find it worse eating in the dark so my anxiety starts going through the roof now the winter is approaching.

just thought i'd let you know you're not alone... i know it's hard but we have to remember even though its gloomy we can still do all the same things as we did in the summer...just maybe in snugglier clothes!

take care x

sunshine1984
26-10-10, 09:59
Thanks!! It helps!

I dont often feel this way anymore and when i do its nice to know im not alone :)

xo

sunshine1984
26-10-10, 10:01
oh and i chose sunshine because i feel much better when the suns out! :)

sunshine1984
26-10-10, 10:12
Thanks Paul :)

The cold does not bother me and im not scared of the dark im more of a night person lol i have just been feeling more tired in the morning than usual and im more anxious, im about to fly in 2weeks and i hate it and i always get nervous when i come back to the UK this could be alot to do with it im just worrying :-/

I might try a herbal cleanse see if it helps :)

Groundhog
26-10-10, 10:25
Its worse for me in the winter particularly the dark mornings and soon the dark at 5pm. There are of course going to be the two sides of the camp(and some between I guess) my mum for instance loves the winter but I would imagine for the majority winter brings on the blues only a bit more if you suffer like most of us do.
I think (or at least my analyst thinks) its because all my interests are summer related, I have a very old convertible car that really i can only enjoy in warmer weather, as a family we enjoy getting away in our touring caravan – again largely in better weather and my OU studying has just stopped until the new courses start in March. Apparently i need to get an interest that can be enjoyed in winter months...Hmmm easier said than done.

allergyphobia
26-10-10, 10:39
knitting, groundhog? :winks:

Nykara
29-10-10, 10:13
I think the problem I had with winter was the fact that panic attacks made me shaky / feel cold and clammy. Then when winter comes on and I feel cold / shivery it feels like a panic attack coming on to an extent and then it escalates from there and turns in to a real one. The mind is a nasty weapon to us sometimes :weep:

heavenly
29-10-10, 11:16
It has been worse for me since we have had these dark mornings, they really get me down. I am thinking of investing in an SAD light, Amazon do a good range.

Kell
29-10-10, 13:03
This morning was ridiculously dark! Not good when you're feeling low.

With the clocks going back this weekend I'll be coming out of work in the dark too. I always try to get out at lunchtime otherwise I wouldn't see daylight during the week!

There's definatley something about clear blue skies & sunshine that makes me feel marginally better (it doesn't have to be warm - I quite like it when it's sunny in the winter).