PDA

View Full Version : Just Me?

Estranged
26-10-10, 12:17
Hi all

Is it just me or do others here start to panic when they feel certain body aches and pain? Eg. It's early am (6ish) and I woke up with some mild discomfort in under my left armpit or near it, started to panic but talked myself down.

That's the same feeling that happened about a month ago meaning I felt that pain, hit full panic mode, is that common? To get scared over something so harmless or am I losing it? :/

Thank you

Rous
26-10-10, 12:42
Estranged,

I too get similar things as you describe, I suffer chronic pain and take a fair amount of painkillers that generally leave me feeling numb most times but when I wake after a sleep or a nap, or even just during the day, I feel a new or strange pain & suddenly like a switch going on I feel panic coming, especially when I think that wae all the meds I shudn't be feeling anything, but my doc explained that any new or strange pains are probably normal sensations, normal being normal for mysel, of my body & I'm feeling them either for the first time or that I feel them coz they're deep inside me, like nowadays I can feel the tiniest muscle twitch along my lower gastric tract I'm that numb tho having a lapsed colon doesn't help LOL. :winks:

But that's me, it happens a lot lately but my condition is progressive so I've come to expect these new pains/feelings, I just have a minor panic before I remember what it is, my memory isn't bad but my 24-48hr memory can be terrible at times.

Oops rambling again...:blush:

Yup, I find it to be common for mesel at least.

Take care & be safe.

JulieJay92
26-10-10, 15:50
that described me to a T

i am usually alright but if i get any slight chest/arm/facial pain i go into full panic mode and think im going to have a heart attack this time, even though it has never happened in 13 years of suffering

Try doing crosswords/puzzles/reading a book whn it happens, it helps take your mind of it

Estranged
26-10-10, 19:25
Thanks everyone, again, I thought I was going crazy lol, when it happens I too try and preoccupy myself to get my mind off thing that have always been there.

I once was reading a webpage I stumbled on when having my panic attacks back some time ago, it was about panic attacks and read something like this "if you think your having a heart attack then I promise you, you wouldn't be reading his page"....

Sounded so true and made some much sense, meant alot me to read that as strange at it may sound

Thank you

Estranged