PDA

View Full Version : Will Likely Only Watch

SADguy
26-10-10, 14:04
As mentioned in the title, I'm probably just going to read other people's posts rather than making any of my own, mainly because it's very difficult for me to talk about my condition at all.

I've suffered from Social Anxiety Disorder since the age of 12, I'm nearly 24 now. Due to being so young and not seeking help for many years, my condition got worse over the years until I'm now housebound, not going further than the front or back garden.

Needless to say, it's hell and it's been worse lately since my physical health is failing and I can't get any treatment. I don't want any advice on that, it's something I have to deal with on my own. It is difficult though, having a mental illness about people judging you and then getting irreversible health problems that will make people judge you even more, if anything.

As I said, it's not something I particularly want to talk about, I just wanted to join to read about other people like me and thought instead of lurking, I'd at least make this post.

diane07
26-10-10, 14:05
Hi SADguy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Baggie
26-10-10, 14:12
Hi SADguy :)

Welcome to NMP. Hope you find it as helpful as I have (and still do!)

There are some really lovely people on here who will give you lots of encouragement and support.

Take care.

SADguy
26-10-10, 14:18
Appreciate the welcome

Kell
26-10-10, 14:29
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you've had a tough time. There's no pressure to post on the forum - just do what you feel comfortable with. Noone will judge you. I have found this forum a comfort to me & I hope that you will too

Take care

Kel
x

dolittle
26-10-10, 14:59
hi and welcome........like you i havent said much on here but reading the forums and articles are a good help...........all the best :)

SADguy
26-10-10, 15:07
Yeah, if I see anything posted that I can speak about from my own experiences, then I may contribute that. Asking for any advice myself or speaking too specifically about my own circumstances would be the problem.

I appreciate people's understanding in this regard.

debs71
26-10-10, 15:42
Hi SADguy,

I am so sorry for your situation and was really touched by your heartfelt post, which must have been difficult for you. This really is a good site for advice and reference and as everyone else said, no pressure is there to post.

I really hope that you find the site comforting.

Best wishes,

Debs.x

Nigel
26-10-10, 16:03
Hi SADguy,
:welcome: to NMP!
You know what... many people lurk but never join, so well done for taking that step :yesyes:

“Yeah, if I see anything posted that I can speak about from my own experiences, then I may contribute that...”

That’s an excellent idea, and much easier too, in my opinion.

Take care :)
Nigel

paula lynne
26-10-10, 17:21
Hi Sadguy, welcome aboard x
Ive suffered with agoraphobia for ten years. Only really started pushing myself out of my comfort zone these past few monthes. Little steps every day. Dont give up, youre not alone x