PDA

View Full Version : Help, panicking about ongoing side effects...

scorpionwhispers
26-10-10, 15:47
Hi everyone,

Yes I have posted similar before but this time I am really panicking. I feel like I am going to faint, I have the pre-fainting feeling of buzziness, dizziness and lack of reality if that makes sense. I have been on Citalopram since March I think and went up to 20mg about 5/6 weeks ago.

I am really panicking and wonder if anyone else has found that certain things bring side effects back or make them worse even if you have been on Citalopram a while?

Does anyone else have ongoing side effects???

Please please help!

jaded jean
26-10-10, 18:07
Hi Scorpiion whispers
I am going thru it myself at the mo with the dizzies . I think I am going thru a blip at the mo and god the dizzies are driving me mad I keep feeling its a pre cursor to something else thats gonna happen , but all in all I reckon its the pesky side effects again :mad:. I am in my 7th month of cit so I know whats happening most of thr time but it still amnages to kick your legs out from underneath you

scorpionwhispers
27-10-10, 15:39
No one normally seems to admit that their side effects have come back for any reason but I am sure that there must be people out there who have ongoing side effects too.

Surely??

suzy-sue
27-10-10, 15:49
It can take up to 8 weeks for the dose to have full effect ..Most side effects become less bothersome with time .Focusing on them only adds to the anxiety .You will always have something to contend with with these type of meds .But the good they can do you can outweigh the negatives /Its not for ever after all ...Sue :D

diamonddoll
01-11-10, 11:28
Hi! I will most definitely admit that I had ongoing side-effects! I came off the pills last week, after being on them since March, like you, Scorpionwhispers. I can honestly say, throughout that whole period, I still had a whole heap of side-effects. I was always tired, often dizzy, had a seriously upset stomach...one day last month I just collapsed in the middle of a cafeteria after being so affected by the noise and heat. I've never been the type of person to do that! I also had a lot of headaches, a runny nose, and my ears both seemed to be hyper-sensitive and yet also feel blocked up....

My sex drive (always very healthy) diminuished away to nothing, and I got irritated very easily, often by loud noises. I was very snappy and small things made me go ballistic (the other week, I couldn't get into my Youtube account, and I quite literally went insane. Over a Youtube account. Honestly)

Mine just seemed to come and go, can't think of any triggers. I felt very much at the mercy of the pills, which is why I decided to come off. Sorry that this has been a very negative post, but I just wanted to let you know it's not just you suffering after a while of being on the pills. Anyway, hope I helped!

jaded jean
03-11-10, 17:44
Suzy Sue.
Yes I can agree with you there with the fact that when you do focus on the symptoms it can exacerbate them. I know that the anti depressant is a support for you while you sort yourself out- eradicate the indicators that can offset the anxiety.,:scared15: stay away from or remove yoursef from certain environments where you know will start the anxiety buzzing again. Its difficult for me at present - yes I have been on them for over 7 months as said before but will I ever be the same again or has Jean changed?? I feel as if I have aged 10 years now. I was out of the 'picture' so to speak for 8 months.and to go back to work on a phased in basis only to be told you are not wanted back due to my emotional state is a kick in the head. This resulted in being dropped from full time to part time so maybe its that that is still riding high in my mind. I know I have to move on but god I wish I could feel better for longer periods of time!!
.:shrug:

RichW
04-11-10, 02:38
Suzy Sue.
Yes I can agree with you there with the fact that when you do focus on the symptoms it can exacerbate them. I know that the anti depressant is a support for you while you sort yourself out- eradicate the indicators that can offset the anxiety.,:scared15: stay away from or remove yoursef from certain environments where you know will start the anxiety buzzing again. Its difficult for me at present - yes I have been on them for over 7 months as said before but will I ever be the same again or has Jean changed?? I feel as if I have aged 10 years now. I was out of the 'picture' so to speak for 8 months.and to go back to work on a phased in basis only to be told you are not wanted back due to my emotional state is a kick in the head. This resulted in being dropped from full time to part time so maybe its that that is still riding high in my mind. I know I have to move on but god I wish I could feel better for longer periods of time!!
.:shrug:

Hugs Jeanie.

Hang in there lovely.

Rich

NoPoet
08-11-10, 17:51
The "buzzing" feeling, dizziness and pre-fainting episodes sound like hyperventilation, which is when you start trying to breathe too fast. This reduces the level of carbon dioxide in your blood, making it harder for blood to get to the brain. Symptoms of this include dizziness, tingling and a "buzzing" feeling, especially in the limbs and lips.
It is possible in the worst cases for hyperventilation to cause fainting. I've never known this happen to anyone.

Hyperventilation is not harmful and it will go away if you try to calm yourself down and force yourself to take deep, steady breaths. The buzzing and tingling usually disappear not long after you have calmed down. It's worth training yourself to do this as soon as possible.

Sounds like this could be partly due to nerves and partly due to the increased dose. It is definitely possible to still be having side effects 6 weeks into a course of treatment, or after changing your dose.

jaded jean
08-11-10, 19:36
Hugs Jeanie.

Hang in there lovely.

Rich

Oh Rich w how are you hun??
Long time no chat. Yes I am getting on better now but yes it does feel sometimes that the day revolves round the tablet- any symptom that appears -oh is it the meds again?? then night time oh take the amtryptiline it wil chill me out so - between the devil and the deep blue sea. I will survive:ohmy:
Huggles back
Jean