PDA

View Full Version : when will it end?

yes
12-03-06, 22:09
hi,

i have been using antidepressants from 5 years.now the conditions comes to me is that even not qiting the medicine i again and again have the depression attack. my doctor used to increase the dose or change the salt .then i become quite okie but only for few months and then without stopping the treatment have an attack of depression. can anyone help me?
how can i quit my depression?
i have to take antideprssants for howlong?
do anyone experience the same as i am facing?

Hangtough
13-03-06, 16:13
Hi there

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I have been on antidepressants for a number of years. The thing is, until you have dealt with whatever is causing your depression you're not going to be ok enough to come off the meds. Don't beat yourself up about it though, you've enough going on.

Take care
Charlotte

Alexandra
13-03-06, 16:18
Hi Hun

Ive been on anti depressants for 3 years now & completely agree with what Hang says if you can put your finger on what is causing your depression then you can build on that to get well again.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Ma Larkin
13-03-06, 16:26
Hi & welcome from the UK. Depression can be long & drawn out unfortunately, but it has been known to disappear as quickly as it came on. It can be treated with anti-depressants, some people wouldn't get over depression without them, but don't feel like you are a failure. You can't quit depression, you can learn to control it with positive thinking. Think realistically about the situations you get depressed about. I know its easier said than done, but we can only help ourselves. Medication gets us through the days, months even years. Counselling is good therapy & in our country we have CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), which is all about changing out thoughts.

I hope you get lots of good advice on this site.

Take care.

Les

Karen
13-03-06, 18:43
Hi Yes

Welcome to the forum.

Medication can help with the symptoms of depression but it is not a cure. Have you had any therapy?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

yes
13-03-06, 19:34
there are no big problems in my life. apparently i have quite a healthy life but have the attack of depression without having any crisis.why?
i am failed to understand.i haven't taken any therapy but using the antidepressants continuously.

Peru83
13-03-06, 20:53
Hi Yes,

Alot of things that effect our mental health can be in our subconsious, that could very well be what it is with you. Maybe councelling would help.

Take Carexx

Claire