PDA

View Full Version : Take at a different time?

mumble
27-10-10, 05:12
I have been on it over a week now... however have had weird sleeping patterns for a while, I tend to go between 3-5am at the moment, have done for about a month... so I've been taking the Mirtazapine about 40 mins before I am ready to go to bed. Can I go from taking it around 5am straight to taking it around say 1 or 2 am - to try and sort my sleeping out to a more "normal" time? Or should I try it at 4am, 4.30am, 3am, 3.30am etc?

ems43
27-10-10, 09:05
I'm a bit confused... aren't you taking it straight before you go to bed at night? I take mine at about 10.30-11 and am out within half an hour x

jo61
27-10-10, 09:33
I take it when lying in bed reading then feel sleepy and conk out. I also take 3 lithium tablets at night so rattle every time I turn over in bed :) It may be the illness that's keeping you awake, it will take time to settle down.

Vixxy
28-10-10, 10:52
I take mine at 9:30pm as if I take it later I find it hard to wake up in the mornings. I'm usually drowsy by 10:30pm and go to sleep then.

JT69
28-10-10, 19:11
I take it at 9pm...but am usually in bed not long after that as I find I must have a good 8 hrs sleep or I feel horrible the next day....if I have a night out and take it later I still wake up feeling o.k. but am only on 15mg .

Jo.xx

paulst
28-10-10, 20:51
I take mine at about 10 pm and in less than an hour im ready for sleep, Ive tried it at other times but just got too tired. My doctor told me to take it at bedtime and so far so good.:)

ElizabethJane
29-10-10, 18:17
Hi Mumble I take mine with my lithium at 10.30pm. I think that it should be taken at night. If you are taking it at any other time then discuss this with your GP. Hi Jo61 are you still taking lithium? I wasn't sure whether you were still on it? I'm still taking 1,000mg lithium at night. It isn't the rattling but the hippy hippy shakes that I sometimes have to contend with in the morning. EJ

jo61
30-10-10, 02:50
Yes EJ, still taking 1000 mg lithium at night. Reducing mirtazapine at the moment which is going well. A bit nervous as it does help me sleep. Oh yes, the shakes, some day I will be able to go to Starbucks and have a mug rather than a takeaway cup with a lid!

ElizabethJane
30-10-10, 11:27
Hi Jo61 I'm glad that you have the confidence to reduce the mirtazapine. My doctors still don't have that confidence in me to reduce my meds. I haven't seen Dr J since June so that must be good. I will probably be on lithium for life as it is too risky for me to reduce or come off it. I am always hoping to reduce the mirtazapine but trying to lose weight anyway inspite still being on it. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. This time of year is always hard for me mood wise and it is very easy to slip into depression. EJ.

Margaretanne
30-10-10, 11:36
Good Morning all,
Any idea how long it takes to get Mirt out of your system, I took it for a month and now 2 weeks free.

Margaret xx

ElizabethJane
30-10-10, 17:14
Mirtazapine has a half life of between twenty and forty hours for it to be excreted out of your system. When I was withdrawing from mirtazapine the withdrawals took about two weeks to be over the worst. The psychological effects of taking mirtazapine might take a lot longer. It can vary from individual to individual and the withdrawals such as panic attacks, anxiety, hallucinations, poor sleep, bad dreams can either be interpreted as withdrawals or it might be the original illness returning. Slow tapering is the best way to minimalise withdrawals and I found that I needed diazepan to cope with the panic. Unfortunately I became ill again and as the mirt suits me well went back on it. Are you going onto another anti d? EJ.